Saturday, August 10, 2013

My Korean City Hair Style by L'Oreal Professionnel and Tony and Jackey

Hi Loves!

I'm no stranger to hair perm. In fact, I love my hair with big curls! It frames my face perfectly in my opinion. 

Last December, I got my curls from my previous perm chopped. And since then, I've been sporting my natural hair. I have been planning to get my hair permed again by July so I have been saving up since then.

And how lucky was I when I got L'Oreal Professionnel's invite to try one of their Korean City Style at Tony and Jackey!

These are the styles they offered for me to choose from:
Busan Style – An artsy, romantic, and Bohemian vibe Bubble Perm look inspired by the cultural and artistic city of Busan,
Gangnam Style- a glamour chic see-through glam perm look that can easily blend into the trendy parts of the city that is inspired by the richest district in Seoul; and

Hong Dae Style – a youthful and cute pop perm look inspired by the trendy and funky vibe of Hong Dae. Each trendy style is reflective of the district that has its own distinctive style, from clothes to hair to attitude that would best suit any type of Filipina and her personality.

Since I like my hair at least shoulder length, I chose the Gangnam Style. I think it's perfect since I also sport full bangs right now. 

Just so you know, this is how my natural hair looks like.
It's not super straight. It gets a little wavy at the front and it's quite thin so I like to have some big curls for more volume.

Anyway, the event was held at Tony and Jackey, Timog last August 8, 2013.


It was my first time in a Tony and Jackey Salon. I was quite excited since I have friends who get their hair permed there. The place was spacious and bright! The people were extremely nice and attentive.


Here are the products from L'Oreal Professionnel that will make the Korean style curls happen. Each product has a different purpose. Some are for digital perms (it's the X-tenso one I believe) while some are for the manual, cold perms. The ones at the center are for maintaining and styling. But I'll tell you more about that on a different post. :)

So here's my hair when I arrived. Still quite wet since I just took a bath before going here and my hair hasn't dried completely yet.

I was under the care of Rey, the senior hair stylist of Tony and Jackey at their Malate Branch. :)

They first added a product to make my hair ready for the machine...
I wasn't able to ask how the product works so please do not let me explain further. Haha.

Next, they rinsed my hair and parted it to sections and curled them like this:

And then this happened:
Scary and wild!!! Haha! It's like my hair is under attack!

This part reminds me of Dr. Octopus of Spiderman... but the machine's connected to my hair instead of the legs.

After 10-15 minutes, they 'disconnected' my hair to the machine. Lol


And lookie... Doll-like curls! Cutie!
But that's not done yet!!

They rolled my hair back and pinned them like this:

And soaked it under a chemical treatment which I was unable to ask again. :P

It was left on on my hair for a few minutes. After that, rinse once again.

And yay! It's done! They combed my hair while it's wet and then blow-dried it.

It's important that you dry it while your hair is twirled like in the photo above.

And presto! Here's what my hair looked like:
Look at Helen photobombing my selfie shot! :P

The curls are big and bouncy! Super LOVE!
I was instructed not to wash my hair for one day and not to comb it when it's dry. I'm excited to see what it would look like! 

Before we get our 'After' shots, there was a free makeover with Maybelline, Philippines (@MAYBELLINEPH)!

I already got my makeup on so I requested for touch ups only.


They used Coral Crush as my lippie! It's a bold coral shade but I like it!

There was also food! But I wasn't able to try them out because I was super full. We had a very heavy breakfast at Spiral, Sofitel that morning.

Baker Street supplies delicious baked goods and provides fully decorated dessert buffet, canape buffet, and candy buffet services based on your party's theme. 

They also offer cupcake towers, customized cupcake decorations, party favors, and cupcake and candy souvenirs! Be sure to book them for your next party! 



For more information, visit their website bakerstreetph.com or their Facebook page, facebook.com/bakerstreetph or sns @BAKERSTREETPH


Now I regret that I wasn't able to try the cupcakes. :(

But anyway, here are more "After" shot photos!

With Helen (Oh! It's her birthday tomorrow! Don't forget to greet her!)

With my stylist that day, Rey

I was able to take home these items to help maintain and style my new Korean style permed hair:

Super thanks for these and for the perm!! I loved the experience!
I will post a part two on this with what my hair looks like after I washed it.

To know more about L’Oreal Professionnel Korean City Style and its #LOrealKoreanStyle campaign, visit:

Tony & Jackey Salon 
Instagram / @BANGSTONYANDJACKEY 
Twitter | @TONYANDJACKEY


So what do you think of my new curls?

Do you like your hair with curls or straight? 


Cheers,
DAWN

3 comments:

  1. I love your new curls <3 I want to have my hair permed to but no budget for it for now. I saw helen's hair too! I think she got her hair colored. Love you both, pretties! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Genzel - Colored lang kasi daw she already has curls. Her new hair color is absolutely lovely! I want those too! :D

    Helen - Bongga indeed! So loving them now. <3

    ReplyDelete