Wednesday, August 21, 2013

L.A. Colors Face Loose Powder in Light

Hello lovelies!

Since I'm a liquid foundie fan, I make sure I have a loose powder for setting.

I bought this because I find the powder in the warm tone side. I've been looking for one that is not translucent (which I use for my foundies) since my skin is quite yellow-toned and most of the BB Creams (which I use daily) I own isn't my exact shade.

L.A. Colors Face Loose Powder 
Bought this at Watsons for Php 219.00.

I got the shade Light.

Below are the info from the packaging:

Info from the website:

ALL SKIN TYPES!
FINE POWDER
SMOOTH & FLAWLESS

Complete your look with our fine and natural applying Loose Powder. Ideal for all skin types! this ultra fine powder leaves skin looking smooth and flawless.

So this is the container. It's just like any other containers of other affordable makeup.
bottom of the container

This is what awaited me when I opened it the first time:

So messy!

It's supposed to be sealed as seen in the photo below:
But it's already loose and the powder went all over it.

The puff applicator is too small and it's not something I like to use because it's too squishy. It's pretty useless for me.

The holes of the container are quite big so you get a lot of product when you shake it. I usually pour the powder I need on the cap and get the powder from there so I can control the amount I use. I use a makeup brush for application.

Here's a swatch of the product on my arm:


The powder is very fine. But the texture doesn't have the silky finish that high-end brands have. But it's a good one nonetheless. The finish on me is quite natural as it is close to my face's skin tone. It has some coverage too and does mattify your face. So yeah, I do like it. :P

This is available in 4 shades. I think this is the lightest shade so I guess it's not suitable for people with fair skin as it is dark for them already.

Do you use loose powders too?
From what brands?


Cheers,
DAWN

3 comments:

  1. Never tried a product from this brand pero parang maganda yung mga lipsticks nila. I guess this loose powder is not for me since mejo dark pala yung available shades. I'm currently using revlon translucent powder and all I can say is that it is good to use when you already have a full coverage for your liquid foundation pero un nga messy gamitin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this review! You're right about the puff applicator. Not very useful. From the pic it looks very flimsy. I think some of our local brands provide much better applicators.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gina - Medyo dark nga shades nila. i guess it's because pang-beach kasi L.A. Haha! Haven't tried Revlon's powders but I love their Liquid Foundies! :D

    Feisty Femme - I couldn't agree with you more. The applicator in this product is probably one of the worst that I have encountered.

    ReplyDelete