Saturday, August 24, 2013

Makeup Experiment #11 : Violet Ear Hummingbird

Hi guys!!!

Another makeup experiment!!! Yayyyy!!!

Liz was missing doing our makeovers that she volunteered and even had a theme in mind for this makeup experiment.


The pic below was the peg for this experiment. She's been wanting to do this look since she saw this and has been saving this pic in her iPad for a year now!  And now that her aunt gave her a blue lipstick from MAC, we finally did this makeup. We didn't made much use of the lippie though—it was too sheer. We just topped her lips with eyeshadow.

Image credit Tammy Manet

So why did Liz wanted to do this look?

"It's a feeling somewhat similar to removing myself from reality without having to lose my mind and also, it's the nearest thing to doing something others consider outrageous."

We got the name from this bird which has the same colors we used:

The Violet Ear Hummingbird

And below are the photos:

We didn't have the lighting equipment nor a nice enough camera for this. We just did this all in my room, just like in my other makeup experiments. I wonder what it would have looked like if we had better stuff...

 Liz with her bare face and after the makeup experiment


 Makeup by :Me
Hairstyle : Liz Mercado
Model : Liz Mercado
Photos by : Me
Place taken : My room


  

I actually added some personal touch on this and I even altered some of the colors to make it more suited on Liz's skin tone. I don't have the pale/whitish base which was used on our peg.




And that's about it! Fun with eyeliners!!! Haha!
It was fun but not for my back. It was hard to make sure that the lines are close to symmetrical.

I have another makeup experiment that I actually just did today with a very special model! It's far different from this one since it's such a quirky look. Hope you stay tuned for that!

What do you think of this look? 
 Thoughts? Suggestions? We'd love to read about them! :D


Cheers,
DAWN

4 comments:

  1. It's so gorgeous! Great job, Liz and Dawn!

    I-set na nga natin yung sa akin! =D

    I volunteer as your beauty guinea pig... all for the sake of art and beauty!!! ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this look! So dark and mysterious, teehee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angel - Yes, we should! Isip na tayo ng theme!!

    Tellie - Agree! I think isa to sa magagandang makeovers namin ni Liz.

    ReplyDelete