Sunday, February 16, 2014

Tony Moly Luminous Pure Aura CC Cream

Good evening ladies,

Lately, there has been a lot of  double letter face creams. It started with the BB now we have the CC. So here's a review of Tony Moly's Luminous Pure Aura CC Cream.


Packaging:

I love that the packaging is just straight forward black and white. It gives quite a mod feeling to the product and a little "professional" yet un-intimidating feel to it.


Ingredients and how to use instructions in Korean. Wish there was an english translation.



I am still a little unsure whether I like that it's not in a tube container as opposed to most creams/tinted moisturizers. Tubes are easier to "simot" since you can just cut them in half and re-pot the excess into an easy access container but with the bottle dispenser type... that just isn't happening, but then again...



the pump makes dispensing the product more hygienic compared to tube types which tend to be messy.




And there is also great control in the amount you dispense with this kind of bottle so your product lasts longer with you.

Performance:


If you look at the cream closely, it has small color beads (as I would call it) embedded into the product.



When it is spread, it initially has this white cast then as you blend more, it gradually conforms to your color and also evens out the color of your skin.



The product is light and does not leave a sticky feeling on the skin. It offers minimal coverage for blemishes but can fairly fix the problem of uneven skin tones (except the really dark ones of course).


Here's the before and after shots:
Before


After

Like most creams, they do cast a white-gray haze on your skin which you'd need to fix by putting on powder that are much nearer to your skin color.

This product mostly became mine and Dawn's alternate primer. I find that it helps lessen the redness of my skin and can act as a moisturizer as well. Also since I'm mostly walking under the sun to get to school or the hospital I also love that it has SPF 30. Although I do still need to put on press powder or use my MAC foundation on top of this, it has cut my face prep time in half since I don't have to layer on separate creams (sunblock, BB cream, green primer). It is a lot lighter on the face as compared to BB creams, but it does still give you that luminous dewy look as well.

As for the question of can it help my make up last with the Philippine weather - it can, if our weather stayed the way it was during January, but once the usual humidity settles in, it does not help that much at all.

So over all I like this CC Cream. I still prefer BB creams on most days (since BB creams are my alternative liquid foundations) but for those lazy days when I just really don't want to put on a lot of make-up and brushing on pressed powder/loose powder is all that I can muster to do, then that's where CC Creams are great. It takes the role of my moisturizer plus it corrects my uneven skin tone and gives additional sunblock.

So what do you think of CC creams? Do you use them the same way I do?


Cheers,
LIZ

1 comment:

  1. This reminds me a lot of Etude House's CC Cream. Both pump out white but blend close to skin tone a few moments after application. Are they a whole lot different?

    ReplyDelete