Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Avon Totally Kissable Lipstick in Deep Orchid

Hey loves!

A month ago, I was looking at my lipstick collection and realized that I don't have really dark lipsticks. So when my neighbor, who is an Avon lady, offered that month's catalogue, I browsed their lipsticks and bought two lippies. One of them is...

Avon Totally Kissable Lipstick 
Not sure how much this is exactly but it's somewhere around Php 200-300.00 only.

I bought the shade Totally Kissable.

I'm liking this stainless-like lipstick tube packaging than the black one that most of their lippies are packaged. I just find this more fancy and different among other lipsticks from other brands.

Close up shots of the lipstick

Swatch on hand

And swatch on lips


The shade is a very dark plum shade. It does have the color of the darkest part of an orchid which is deep inside the center. It looks gorgeous but it's too creamy and glossy for my taste. It looked like I applied it unevenly (well, it does look a little messy at the bottom part), but I don't know why in some areas it's too dark while the other parts, it's like purple-fuchsia. It would look much, MUCH better if it were matte in my opinion. 

And since it is too dark, I can't wear it often especially when I go to the office. Plus, it's gonna be summer soon so this lipstick shade wouldn't be fitting for the usual summer look. So I found a way to make this shade more wearable—I blot it twice.


When you tone the color down by pressing your lips on a tissue twice, it looks like the one on the above selfie picture. It also looks matte and gorgeous (yes, I like matte lippies more). I really find the bright orchid shade beautiful and it's great to know that I bought a lipstick that I can wear in different ways. 

So what are your thoughts on Avon Totally Kissable Lipstick in Deep Orchid? What are your favorite dark shade lipsticks?


Cheers,
DAWN

4 comments:

  1. sana mas matte konti noh para mas madali application. super unique shade! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks like Mac Heroine when blotted out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does! That's why I love this lippie so much! You can play with the tones and they still look gorg!

      Delete