Monday, September 16, 2013

Review : Holika Holika Jewel-light Waterproof Eyeliner in 08 Pink Topaz

Hey dears!

Holika Holika opened their first store in the country last August.
There were lots and lots of products that I wanted to try! I wished I brought more money that day so I could have taken more home.

But still, I was happy with the stuff I got. One of them is the...

Holika Holika Jewel-light Waterproof Eyeliner
One eyeliner is Php 265.00. It's available in 20 shades—some are shimmery, while some are mattes.

Info from the US website:

Holika Holika Jewel-Light Waterproof Eyeliner is a long lasting waterproof eyeliner that stays on your eyes without smudging through sweat or sebum. This eyeliner contains shimmer and glitter to really highlight and define your eyes. Use this eyeliner for a bold eye popping look by accentuating certain areas of the eye.

Note: This product is intended to be sharpened.

Benefits:
  • Water resistant
  • Smudge resistant
  • Pigmented Color
  • Long-lasting

How to Use:
Starting from the inside corner, fill in between lashes. To use as an eye shadow, draw a thick line then blend the line into the lid. To sharpen, simply use a regular pencil sharpener and sharpen as you would any eyeliner. The plastic may look tough to sharpen, but it is a very soft plastic that was designed and intended to be sharpened.

The shade I bought is 08 Pink Topaz.
This color is close to my favorite which is Salmon Pink. I bought it because I feel like it will look gorgeous on the inner corners of my eyes... which it does. But I recently use it as eyeshadow too.

Here's a close up of the pencil.

And below's a swatch on my arm:

It's very shimmery that it really brightens the eyes. It's the kind of pretty that I like as most of you might know already—I love things that are princess-y.

This eyeliner glides easily on skin. In just one stroke, you get a lot of color already. It would be more visible if I had a darker shade though.  And you have to let it dry for a few seconds to set and after that, it will last for a long, long time! It stayed without any smudging for a good, long 8 hours! And I have very oily skin!

It's water resistant too! Here's what happens when I place my arm under running water:

And then I wipe it off with a cloth:
It's still there like nothing happened!

And I remember when I swatched the pencils during the time I was in the store... the swatches were on my arm all day long! And it was a looooong day. From SM fairview, I went to Q.Ave MRT Station and road the train to Ayala and did some errands and then finally got into an FX to get home in Manila. The swatches were still there... not as vibrant but still looking good. I wish I took a photo though.

The quality is like of a really good gel liner... but it's a pencil type which is amazing. Pencil liners were my least favorite because the ones I've tried before smudge easily... but now, I'm absolutely loving this! I'm planning to get more! It doesn't smudge, it's waterproof, and it has the easy and ready to use quality of a pencil!

What I LIKE:

- Affordable
- Long-lasting
- Pigmented
- Glides easily on skin
- Water resistant
- Locally available
- Available in 20 shades
- Has shimmery and matte shades
- Easy to use

What I DON'T LIKE:

- I seriously can't think of any!

Will I repurchase?
Absolutely! I plan on buying more colors! :D

This is really a good product! I fell in-love with it in my first swatch! The only thing that I regret when I purchased this is that I didn't purchased all 20 colors! HAHA!

So what do you think of Holika Holika Jewel-light Waterproof Eyeliners?
Have you tried them yet? What shade?


Cheers,
DAWN

4 comments:

  1. I think this would look perfect on the waterline!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried using it on the waterline but it's barely noticeable. I still think a matte one would look perfect on that area. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I have this! And I use it under my eyes and it made my peeps look bigger! Doll lang ang peg. :p Great review, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ihan - Thanks! It really does make a lot of difference!

    ReplyDelete