Thursday, January 09, 2014

My Current Facial Skincare Part 1 : Ciracle and The Body Shop

Hello everyone!

I've been investing on skincare lately since I am now in my mid 20's. I have not been very attentive to my skin when I was in my teens and... well... I was not gifted with flawless skin too. I have oily, acne-prone skin with enlarged pores.

Before, I was just satisfied with whatever I find "affordable" in the market that also looked interesting at the same time. I wasn't picky enough in what I apply on my skin. Of course I still follow the golden rule: Cleanse, Tone and Moisturize! But I just go for what I thought was good enough.

But one day I just thought that maybe I should stop spending so much on makeup alone and use my money for my skincare more. Better skin means you also look better without makeup on and it makes the face a great canvas when you apply some. And with better skin means lesser amount of concealer and foundation! Haha! Less is more in that case.

The year 2013 was the time that there was a drastic change on my skin. I'll be sharing 2 posts on the products that made a huge difference on the quality of my skin. The products come mainly from three brands—Ciracle, The Body Shop, and Kiehl's. But I also use facial masks from Nature Republic and Too Cool For School at least once a week. I can't give a very detailed review on each item since I use them simultaneously but I will be providing few thoughts on each and pictures of my skin to see how it changed during those times.

For the first part, I will share the products from...

Ciracle
and The Body Shop 

The Body Shop Tea Tree Cool and Creamy Wash (review here) and The Body Tea Tree Squeaky-Clean Scrub (review here)

 Been using the Cool and Creamy wash (on my second tube now) since June and the scrub for 2 months (Sept-Nov) 'til I finished it. They are suited for people that have blemished skin. Tea tree is a good antibacterial and that is why I just love these. They take care of cleaning my face and removing dead skin without drying my face. I use the wash daily while the scrub around twice a week. Read my reviews on them to know more. I've provided the links above. :)

Ciracle Vitamin Source C-20
Php 1,290.00

This made me believe how Vitamin C is so good for the skin. My face feels so smooth when I use this. I felt it instantly when I woke up the next morning after the first time I applied it. One bottle lasted 6 months.


So here are the labels on the box:

And more info from the SG website:

Ciracle Vitamin Source C-20 contains the active ingredient L-ascorbic acid, a pure and high-quality form of Vitamin C, and powerful antioxidant. Used in many skin products for its skin rejuvenating properties, Vitamin C has the remarkable ability of bringing a brighter and healthier glow to the face. Each bottle of Vitamin C Source C-20 holds 6,000mg worth of Vitamin C which is equal to 40 oranges or 120 strawberries.


Properties of Ciracle Vitamin Source C-20
  • Assists in the removal of dead skin cells and blackheads
  • Controls blemishes and tightens pores
  • Revitalises the skin and promotes skin recovery
  • Whitens and brightens skin tone
  • Protects, softens and moisturises the skin
  • Suitable for all skin types
  • The serum comes with a syringe cap to enable precise measurements and effortless use of the product.
syringe cap

Directions
1. The initial product consists of an original cap and a separate syringe cap. To begin, unscrew and dispense of the original bottle cap and replace it with syringe cap.
2. Wash your face gently and then use a toner. Note: The serum may feel a little “gooey”. To lessen this, you can mix the serum with toner in your palm before applying it to the face.
3. Squeeze 2 - 3 drops of serum either directly on to your face or onto the back of your hand. Lightly pat it all around the face. 
4. You can use an additional amount for any dark or saggy areas. Note: First time users may feel a tingling sensation. This is normal due to the pH adjustment of the skin.
5. Apply a moisturizer. You can also continue with your daily skin care routine.
8. Refrigerate the Vitamin C-20 serum for longer-lasting freshness. 


Note from Ciracle
Because the product is highly concentrated with pure vitamin C, it is recommended to use the product as quickly as possible once opened. Vitamin C is sensitive to heat, light, and temperature. So always store it in the refrigerator even before opening the product. If you use the product during the day, remember to wear sunscreen lotion on your face since it will more likely be sensitive to sunlight after using the product. There may be residue or settlements and a change of colour present in the bottle; this is due to the high concentration of vitamin C and is perfectly normal.

Ciracle Pore Control Serum
Php 1,090.00

I actually bought this just because I was curious what Ciracle was about (I even got the Vitamin C serum for free). I'm glad I did because this really helped with my enlarged pores. You can see how on the photos at the bottom of this post. :) This lasted 6 months as well.


Labels on the box:

And more info from the main website:



I use it right after I apply the Vitamin C serum.

It also has a syringe cap.

It's clear and is absorbed pretty quickly by the skin when applied.

and the last product from Ciracle is...
Ciracle Vitamin E5 Cream
Php 1,290.00

This was a gift from Ciracle last August. How happy was I to get this because this became my daily moisturizer. It works so well with the Vitamin C serum. Using this since August. I still have 1/3 of the product left.

Labels on the box:


More info from the SG website:


Ciracle Vitamin E5 Cream is used to help soothe the skin and protect it from external environmental factors like pollution, oxidation and damaging UV rays. Ciracle’s formula contains 5% vitamin E to protect the skin from oxidation, a major factor in visible skin ageing and dullness. It also helps to improve moisture in the skin and reduce the appearance of wrinkles, scars and brown spots.


Properties of Vitamin E5 Cream
  • Promotes moisture and skin whitening effect
  • Provides skin protection and prevents skin damage
  • Improves moisture and oil in the skin
  • Maintains skin youthfulness with antioxidant ingredients
Directions
1. Use twice a day, morning and evening, after cleansing the face and applying toner or essence.
2. Pat gently over the whole face or dry spot area.
3. For best results, use Vitamin E after applying Vitamin C-20 Serum.
Note from Ciracle
This is an effective product for those with dry skin and works well when used before applying makeup.


I'll be posting the directions on how I use all these products together along with the products that I use from Kiehl's on the 2nd part of the post.

But just to let you see how my skin improved, check out these photos of my cheeks during the different months of 2013.

Taken March 2013
Enlarged pores, some zits and many dark scars from acne. This pretty much how my skin looked like since I reached puberty.

Somewhere around April or May 2013
It's getting a little better by this time. It was the time I got addicted to facials masks. Haha!  But the acne still has redness and I still have enlarged pores.

Taken August 2013
Been using the 2 Ciracle serums for two months by this time and one month using TBS Cool and Creamy Wash. And also started using my 1st Kiehl's product, Clearly Corrective White Skin Brightening Exfoliator, for two months as well.

Taken October 2013

Taken December 2013
This one was taken in a different lighting though. The others were taken in front of my dressing table. But check out the size of the pores throughout the months of using the products. The skin looks healthier and well-moisturized now and it feels softer too.

So I'll be ending this post for now since it's getting quite lengthy. I'll be sharing the other products in my skincare routine as well as how I use them on the 2nd part of this post so I do hope you stay tuned! :D


Cheers,
DAWN

No comments:

Post a Comment