Saturday, January 18, 2014

Estee Lauder Sumptuous Bold Volume Lifting Mascara

Hello dearies,

So last June, I got this mascara from the Double Wear event by Estee Lauder. I only used it this December since I was still using a couple of mascaras before that.

Estee Lauder Sumptuous Bold Volume Lifting Mascara

What I got is just a deluxe sample size. I got this for free so I don't really know how much the regular size costs. I'll just be sharing with you how it performs and maybe some of my thoughts regarding this. :)

So let's check the packaging first...

It's in a tube with the classy Estee Lauder design.

Here are closeup photos of the product:

And here's the wand:

It's thin and around an inch long. It's very easy to manipulate even when applying on the bottom lashes.

It has a mild, chemical-ish scent. It doesn't really bother me because you only smell it when you sniff it up close.

So how does it perform? Check out the photos below:

Bare eyes

Curled lashes
(Used the Shu Uemura Lash Curler)

With the product

In a slightly lower angle

The formula is very light which is great. I hate it when mascaras pull down my curled lashes. It gives a little volume but not too much on the lengthening part. I wasn't able to take photos of my lashes with two coats but this mascara doesn't clump up easily when multiple coats are applied. Maybe it takes 4 coats or more before the lashes stick together and create those "spider lashes" so I suggest a good 1-2 coats is enough. 

This doesn't smudge too quickly but I do experience some when my lids get too oily. 

Since this is deluxe size, I bring this in my vanity kit everyday. It's very handy especially when traveling or when you're out the whole day.

So that's about it! Those are my thoughts on Estee Lauder Sumptuous Bold Volume Lifting Mascara. Have you tried this product yet? What about the other mascaras from the brand?


Cheers,
DAWN

No comments:

Post a Comment