Thursday, May 10, 2012

Review : Tony Moly Baby Doll Pot Concealer

Hello, fellow makeup lovers!

A few weeks ago, I went to SM North Edsa. I rarely go there since I hate the traffic that comes with going to that place. Plus, it's a bit far from where I live (I usually go to SM MOA or San Lazaro or Robinsons Ermita). One of the downsides of not going there is that it's where most of the Korean cosmetics brands are. Korean brands are getting popular recently and I don't want to be left behind in trying some of them.

So when I went to visit SM North EDSA, I visited most of the stores that sell Korean makeup and you can find the stuff I bought in this haul post. One of the things I bought is this...

Tony Moly Baby Doll Pot Concealer

This concealer comes in 2 shades.
I bought shade no.2 which is Natural Beige.

I was lucky enough to get a hold of the shade since it is usually out-of-stock. The saleslady who assisted me even said that the shade was already out-of-stock and I was about to get shade 1 when I just had to look at each and everyone of the post and saw that there is still one left! Hahaha! It's sooo meant to be mine. :P

I don't usually wear concealers. I rely on heavy-coverage foundations to hide my blemishes. I have to hide quite a lot since I have acne-prone skin and concealing them one by one is so tedious. Haha! But since it's summer, I want to use foundations that feel light on the skin to avoid excessive oiliness but the problem is that the foundies I have can't really cover the darker spots on my face. And so I bought this!

The product... well, obviously as seen in its name, is in a pot. I am not a fan that it is in a pot for hygiene purposes, but I like the design itself. Very simple and not bulky. Nice to carry around in your vanity kit.

So what does the product say (from their website)?


"Hide flaws and freckles on skin. Naturally covered without darkening."


This pot is very affordable at Php248.00.
The color is very warm which is good for my yellow-toned skin.
When I was testing the product out, it was super rich and has a nice coverage so I bought it immediately!

Here's a swatch on my hand:

and when spread

And I even tried using it as an under eye concealer
See how it covered my dark circle around my eyes? :P

And I also used it in concealing a particularly annoying dark spot at the side of my face.
It covered it well and it doesn't look too thick.

Overall, this concealer is very pigmented. It has a very creamy buttery feel to it. I like that this shades fits my skin nicely and that it can handle my ugly dark spots. It's also affordable too and can be bought locally in Tony Moly branches. My only downside is it sometimes cake on me so I don't use it on my under eyes. I'm not really sure if it's because of the weather though. The concealer I have been using from Dollface recently cakes on my skin too so I have to check on that first. Other than that, I like it very much.



Cheers!
DAWN

14 comments:

  1. Wow - this provides great coverage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I remember this, my sister was about to buy this in their SM North store too, but they had no stocks of the #2 shade, and the SA was telling (more like forcing) her to just buy the #1 instead. We left and went to the dept. store kiosk of Tony Moly instead. LOL :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the coverage, it looks great! Haha. I want to try it too..can you believe I don't have a personal concealer? Haha. :S I'll get it since it's so cheap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the coverage! <3
    Please check out my blog :)

    http://shebby-chic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the coverage! <3
    Please check out my blog :)

    http://shebby-chic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice! bet ko to! ma-try nga soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nakakatuwa talaga when you feature drugstore items.

    Parang ayaw ko na ngang bumili ng high-end ever (except shiseido sun stick).

    Parang ukay-skill e. May makikita at makikita kang maganda, basta magaling ka maghanap.

    ReplyDelete
  8. PopBlush - It does. :)

    Helen - I guess the SA's should recheck the items first before they say na out-of-stock na nga talaga! :P

    Chrissy - I didn't use concealer din before eh. Try it out! Super affordable naman although it's only available in 2 shades. :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shebby - I love the coverage too! And followed you already! :)

    Gellie - Let me know what you think of it!

    Rae - True! Sometimes pag matiyaga ka lang maghanap sa mall or you like reading blogs for hours, you get to find something really good in an affordable price. Who needs super expensive stuff if you can get the same finish with a cheaper item? :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. i haz thiz!
    i haven't had the chance to use it cuz my current concealer, hehehe di parin nauubos, buti matagal ang shelf life hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmm... Is it me or is it kinda orangey?

    Win AWESOME furniture here:
    http://wonderwomanrises.blogspot.com/2012/05/mandaue-foam-giveaway-win-awesome.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Maybe but my skin is very yellowish anyway so it's fine. The shade 1 is less orangey but lighter. :P

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi! I've been meaning to buy one of these but I'm worried that it would not suit me as my skin is on the darker morena side. Can you recommend other affordable brands that carry concealers of this type (heavy and thick) for darker skinned women? I went to Landmark today to buy VOV but I was told that the brand is no longer supplying in the Philippines. :(

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't believe that this product is suitable for morena skin. They only have 2 (or was it 3?) shades and all of them are suited to fair-medium skin tone. I barely know much about concealers since I just recently started buying some. I hear cinema secrets perform well though.

    ReplyDelete