Saturday, March 10, 2012

FOTD - Exams In Olive and Emerald

Good evening ladies,

I did promise an FOTD using the Color Workshop Eye Shadow Palette and here it is. I had an online quiz and it's Pharmacology day today so I wanted to give myself a little extra boost of confidence.

Here are the products I used:
Clinique Dewy Smooth Anti-Aging Makeup in 07 Neutral with SPF 15
Fashion 21 Loose Powder #1
Benefit Erase Paste #2
L'Oreal Bare Naturale 418 Buff Beige (as highlighter)
Urban Decay Primer Portion
Color Workshop Eye Shadow Palette
Maybelline Eyestudio Lastin Drama Gel Eyeliner in 01 Black
Maybelline the Magnum Volum Express Super Film in Black
Aziza Blush (name not indicated)
Nivea Lip Balm Angel Star
MAC Lipstick Fresco
MAC Lip Pencil Stone

This is my first FOTD post and I tried my best to get good lighting for the pics. Sorry if the pictures would look kind of flat or unappealing. Dawn's usually the one who takes pictures but this time I had to take them. So here's my best attempt at it.

As I said in the swatch/review post of this palette, not all the pigments color. So I had limited colors to work with. I chose the green tones because I like green and I remember the greens were one of the good ones. :)



It came out pretty well, I guess cause I got a lot of positive comments from my classmates. Although they did say that for some one taking a quiz, my make-up is a bit too glam. Still they like it.

Went to class looking like this, with hair braided on the side and was called "Pocahontas who discovered make up."

Anyway, here's the actual color on my eyes. I can now definitely add that the palettes lasts a long time. It starts fading after 6 hours but stays on as a haze for at least 12 hours with primer.
How it looks from above

and with my eyes closed.

P.S. I promised that I'd add the Erase Paste Lesson for the Benefit Erase Paste Concealer
 
So here it is, it's quite small but I hope you find it useful too. :)


That's it for my first FOTD post, how do you like it? Hope to hear from you ladies. :)




Cheers,
LIZ

 P.S. Check out these Buy.com Promotional Codes that will save you some money on NARS products!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Liz! Nice first FOTD. Who cares if your makeup is too glam for a quiz? At least you can rock it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taking a quiz while having this very glam eye makeup. Awesome. I bet your classmates are staring at you with envy. And hopefully none of them were accused of cheating. lol ;P

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful fotd... glam look for a quiz don't matter. as long as you feel good then I'm sure it'll help with the quiz...lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Chriselle - thanks! :)

    @Gellie - Thanks!:) Our views were mostly covered by the big computer screens so no worries with them staring. :)

    ReplyDelete