Monday, March 27, 2017

Give Your Body a Beautiful Glow from Within with Vida Glow!

Hey everyone!

Majority of my posts are about makeup reviews. While I love enhancing the natural beauty and encourage creativity by playing with all the makeup we can apply, it's always best to take care of our body first. 

The first step in a work of art is finding the perfect canvas! To achieve this, I research what kind of products that work best with my hair and skin concerns and apply them. But that shouldn't stop there... what we take into our body also contributes on what we look and feel so we better eat food and drink the liquids that are good for the body! 

To get better results, there are products that promises to help boost substances that retain our youthful glow like collagen. One of which is Vida Glow!


What is Vida Glow? I asked the same thing when their co-founder, Anna, wrote me an email if I would like to review their product. As I was reading their Media Look Book, it made me curious (and very much interested) to try it out. Why? Then read all about it below [these info (in maroon color) are what was included in the media look book]:

___________________

Vida Glow offers a range of supplements that promote healthy hair, skin and nails from within. 

Our natural marine collagen is derived from the Scales of Deep Sea Red Snapper and comes is powder form which is highly bioavailable ensuring efficacy. Our collagen is sourced from ethical and ecologically sustainable fishing practices, with our priority being on offering exceptional quality. 

The Vida Glow range also includes our Beauty Blend, which is a vegetarian hair, skin, and nail super food mix that includes essential vitamins and minerals. 

Vida Glow is an Australian based company, using Japanese marine collagen and our blends are made in Australia. 

Japanese women have used marine collagen as a secret weapon for youthful radiance for many years and have hailed the benefits as the source of their extended life expectancy and younger appearance. 

Collagen is the most abundant protein and the second largest substance (behind water) in the human body. Until our twenties, our bodies naturally produce collagen. As this production slows and eventually ceases, we begin to see the effects of ageing. Replenishing collagen levels will help benefit the building blocks that maintain our hair, skin and nails. 

Including Vida Glow marine collagen into your daily diet helps to stimulate your body’s natural supply of collagen, thereby increasing elasticity, hydration and firmness in your skin, and assisting in the growth and strengthening of your hair and nails. 


Collagen is a protein that is also vital in maintaining healthy muscles and connective tissues. Therefore your tendons, ligaments and cartilage also greatly benefit from taking Vida Glow, notably preserving joint and bone health. Vida Glow repairs muscles and assists in toning and definition. 

Enjoy many secondary benefits of dealing with daily stressors of toxins, late nights, poor diet, sun damage and harsh environments.


I received the package a long time ago. I think around eight months... there was actually a delay in claiming my parcel in the post office. They even made me pay the fine since I didn't claim it sooner. How could I if they didn't notify me right away? Ugh. Anyway, that was a long time ago... And I want to apologize for not being able to blog about this sooner since I've been very busy with work, school, and even diet. I also waited for a couple of months of drinking before I can write my thoughts to be able to give an honest review. 

The package that I was given contained two flavors—the Original and Pineapple


My initial thoughts when I saw the products? The lovely packaging! I love the design! It looks so neat, charming, beautiful, and it has a feeling of nature as well. The cylindrical box feels light and it contains the sachet of the powdered drinks. 

I like that it's in sachet form so I can take them with me anywhere I go. Since I've been traveling more than usual, I really appreciate this. It also looks great so I never feel any embarrassment whenever I take it out of my bag when I mix it to my drink. 

The color depends on the flavor you have. What are the flavors? Well, see below the varieties. These are also from the media kits that they provided:

ORIGINAL VIDA GLOW
Our Original Vida Glow is 100% Natural Marine Collagen Powder. Being 100% natural hydrolysed collagen peptide, it contains no artificial flavours, colours, additives or preservatives. It is free from wheat, gluten, allergens, soy, lactose, dairy, sugar, carbohydrates and fat. The Original Vida Glow is tasteless and odourless and dissolves effortlessly clear within seconds. The 3g sachets make it super convenient to include into your everyday routine, and is the perfect handbag essential. Simply stir a sachet into your water, tea, coffee, juice, porridge, yoghurt, smoothie or soup.

ORIGINAL LOOSE POWDER
Our Original 270g loose powder Vida Glow is 100% pure marine collagen and is ideal to have at home or in the office. It comes with a handy 3g pre-measured scoop making it easy to enjoy 1 – 3 servings a day as our Gratitude, Prosperity or Love packages. The loose powder is equivalent to our Love Package of 90 x 3g sachets.

BLUEBERRY VIDA GLOW
With a deliciously subtle berry flavour, Vida Glow Blueberry is the perfect addition to your glass of water, yoghurt, smoothie or shake. Our Blueberry flavoured marine collagen comes with the added benefits of Vitamin C, which is responsible for creating and maintaining collagen in the body. Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant which assists in giving skin its elasticity and strength. Your hair will greatly benefit as Vitamin C is one of the most effective nutrients to help grow and strengthen hair, as it assists in the production and formation of collagen, and absorbing iron which keeps our hair strong and healthy.


MANGO VIDA GLOW
Our Mango Powder is derived from Australian Kensington Pride Mangoes. Australian Mangoes provide more beta – carotene than other fruits. Beta-carotene is a powerful antioxidant that can help protect the body against disease as well as preventing the signs of ageing by assisting with the growth and repairing of cells, tissues and skin. The antioxidants in both Vida Glow and the added Mango powder, delay the onset of skin ageing and pigmentation, whilst protecting your skin from harmful free radicals that cause cellular damage.


PEACH VIDA GLOW
This delicious Vida Glow marine collagen flavour contains natural peach fruit flavouring, as well as Vitamin C, which assists in collagen formation and actually increases the absorption and efficacy of marine collagen. Ingesting collagen with Vitamin C ensures maximum absorption for optimal skin and nail health. Peach Vida Glow also gives a boost in antioxidants to your diet. This flavour is best enjoyed in water.

PINEAPPLE VIDA GLOW
Pineapples are a super food for hair, skin and nails. The collagen, vitamin C and bromelain present in Pineapple Vida Glow help to prevent skin conditions such as acne, eczema, psoriasis, rosacea and dermatitis. Pineapples also have collagen synthesising properties, which help to combat the ageing process, and makes skin smooth, firm and flexible. Vitamin C and the amino acids present provide nourishment to damaged tissue and cells, boosting their ability to repair themselves. Pineapples are also good for the health of hair as they can prevent hair loss and thicken individual hair strands.


Beauty Blend
Our Beauty Blend has been designed alongside Vida Glow’s resident Dietitian and Nutritionist to nourish your hair, skin and nails from within. The synergy of the super foods and probiotics work to enhance your inner and outer glow, giving you energy as well as a boost in vital nutrients to optimise your sense of wellbeing. The Beauty Blend is rich in vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, fatty acids, proteins and probiotics working together to strengthen your immune system, and give you a glowing complexion and a whole body healthy radiance.


I especially loved the pineapple just because I really find the flavor really yummy. Plus, whenever I apply Vitamin C, my skin just looks and feels better! The original flavor is unscented, but I can't say that it's tasteless... I find something that reminds me of sea food. I can't really point it out, but it's not bad. I just can't describe it better with my limited english vocabulary. :P

Anyway, before I share my final thoughts on the drinks I tried, here are the benefits that Vida Glow claims to give from their media look book: 

BENEFITS OF VIDA GLOW
Vida Glow offers a range of natural supplements designed for those wanting a radiant complexion, gorgeous healthy hair and the perfect manicure 
• Our marine collagen helps to stimulate the body’s natural production of collagen as well as increase collagen levels in the body 
• Studies show that marine collagen increases skin hydration by up to 91%, improves skin elasticity and firmness – smoothing out fine lines and wrinkles. Achieving healthy and youthful looking skin 
• A natural anti-ageing supplement helping to recoup balance of daily stressors of work, sun damage, wrinkles, dry skin, poor diet, late nights, toxins and harsh environments 
• Acts as a powerful antioxidant that helps prevent cellular damage 
• Rejuvenates and nourishes hair for increased growth, thickness, texture and shine 
• Vida Glow encourages healthier, stronger and faster growing nails; repairing weak or brittle nails 
• As a collagen supplement Vida Glow preserves the health of your joints, bones, ligaments and tendons BENEFITS OF VIDA GLOW 
• Collagen supplementation assists in muscle toning and definition 
• Diminishes the appearance of cellulite 
• Aids in weight loss and building lean muscle mass


I drink Vida Glow at least once a day, but usually I drink 2 cups containing 3g / 1 sachet for each cup. I drink it with water, sometimes I mix it with yogurt or juice. I've been taking it for more than two months now. So what have I noticed so far?

My hair looks healthier—stronger!
I suffered from damaged hair when I exposed my hair to chemicals such as hair coloring and perming over and over. My hair became brittle and I also experienced hair fall. I abstained from all the chemicals... well, I did color my hair once last January after a long while. Haha! I do apply hot oil once a week and also apply some leave on conditioner whenever I go out. 

I also noticed that my hair grew faster. I cut my hair last December and since then, it grew another 4-5 inches. Faster than usual.

My skin looks brighter!
I didn't notice much at first but after a month or so, I find my skin looks brighter than before, like it's glowing! It's not free of my acne problems, but when I wake up and look at the mirror, it just looks better, healthier!

My skin retains moisture better!
What I love most is that it kept my skin's moisture, even when I was in Japan during winter and going out between -4 to 5 degrees celsius everyday. It didn't feel itchy and dry compared to when I went to New York almost three years ago (it wasn't even cold then) and my skin just got so dry. 

These are the changes I've seen so far. I cannot comment on the nails part because I always think that I have good, strong nails. I rarely get manicures from salons. I don't remove cuticle and I rarely file and buff my nails.

I also can't comment much on the muscle repair and toning as well as on the preservation of bone and joints. I think I'm still pretty young at twenty seven. I don't experience muscle pain much and I rarely get sick (twice a year at most and they are often colds).

 I would love to continue drinking Vida Glow to see if there are more benefits to gain. The extra collagen boost really makes a difference as long as you aid it with proper diet and good hair and skin care! ;)

For more info, do check out Vida Glow's:

No comments:

Post a Comment