Saturday, March 11, 2017

NYX Professional Makeup: Love Contours All

Hello beauties!

I'd like to share with you my new make-up palette which my aunt gave to me.


I have to say I LOVE the HUGE mirror. It's just perfect for when you're traveling abroad and you just want to bring one palette for everything.


Being an absolute fan of nude make-up and simple contouring, this palette for me is just perfect.


The nine small circles in the middle are all eye shadows. The big circles in the side are a combination of highlighters and bronzers. Lastly the two rectangle in the bottom are brow powders. Sadly though, this palette does not come with a brush, though I doubt that it'll be a big issue.

Eye Shadow swatches

The order is from the left most side being 1 and the right most being 9 on the swatch and on the palette, the upper most right (white) is 1 then the lower most left is 9. As you can see, the palette is very pigmented and I hardly need any primer to ensure that the colors are visible. I also find that it's not that hard to blend out and build.

Colors 1, 4, 6, 8, and 9 are shimmer-free and they go on matte. They're perfect for those contour jobs for making your crease look deeper and all that. I also LOVE that they added 9 which is a deep black color. Some of the nude/natural palettes that I have don't incorporate black in them. The few that do, are more of a gray/dark gray color and is not really black. 

The rest of the 9 eye shadows (2, 3, 5, 7) have fine glitter/shimmer but don't look/come off as metallic. Even with the shimmer, the finish still passes as nude/natural.

Bronzer and Highlighter Swatch

So for the bronzer and highlighter pairs, the pair on the left (swatch) correspond to the two on the right (palette) in the picture below. While those on the right (swatch) correspond to those on the left (palette). Sorry about the confusing referencing. Anyway, I'm not a big fan of highlighters but I do prefer the gold-looking finish one. The shimmer is also very fine. I love that they have two shades of bronzers which just makes this palette perfect for when you go for a beach trip this summer. You won't have to worry that the bronzer you brought won't match your tan since you already have a palette that covers your before and after skin tone. ;)


Last but not least, are the brow powders.


Again, I am loving the two shades. I do like that they're not too pigmented so that you don't accidentally overdo your brows.

Overall, I am loving this palette and have kind of used it more in the past few days as opposed to my ever trusty UD Naked. I looked this particular product in BeautyMNL and Wastons but sadly I did not find one. But I am sure they have other similar palettes to this and if you happen to know them, do share them with us.

That's it for the night hope you guys enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Cheers,
LIZ

1 comment: