Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Pink Sugar Sweet Cheeks HD in Sin City and Concrete Jungle

Hey loves!

I'm still not entirely in love with highlighters on my face. I just think that my face is too big and round and that I need to contour it rather than add more shine. I also have oily skin so it becomes shiny in a few hours anyway. Ha! 

Anyway, since last year, it was becoming so popular that I wanted to try more highlighters to see if I'll get convinced to join the craze. And so I bought these...

Pink Sugar Sweet Cheeks HD Cheek Color in Sin City and Concrete Jungle
Got them for only PhP 374.00 each at BeautyMNL. Original Price was PhP 499.00.

I bought two shades. One is a warm champagne color (Concrete Jungle) and the other one (Sin City) looks like white with a white gold sheen. 

So let's get to know the product from the info from the website:

Sweet Cheeks HD. Our delicate powder formula comes in a mirrored compact as a blush, bronzer or a highlighter. It’s infused with Aloe Vera and Vitamin A,C,E to nourish the skin and give you that added glow. Includes a soft brush applicator.

Net Weight: 6g

TALC  · POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE · POLYGLYCERYL - 2 DIPOLYHYDROXYSTEARATE · MINERAL OIL (AND) ETHYLENE/PROPYLENE/STYRENE COPOLYMER (AND) BUTYLENE/ETHYLENE/STYRENE COPOLYMER · TRIISOSTEARIN · DIMETHICONE · ISODECYL NEOPENTANOATE · PHENOXYETHANOL · ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN ·  ROSA CANINA FRUIT OIL (AND) TOCOPHERYL ACETATE (AND) RETINYL PALMITATE (AND) MINERAL OIL (AND) ASCORBYL PALMITATE ·  ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE ·  [+/- (MAY CONTAIN) : SYNTHETIC FLOURPHLOGOPITE · MICA (CI 77019) · TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891) · IRON OXIDES (CI 77491) · IRON OXIDES (CI 77492) · IRON OXIDES (CI 77499) · RED 7 LAKE (CI 15850) · RED 28 LAKE (CI 45410:2) ·  RED 30 LAKE (CI 73360) · YELLOW LAKE 5 (CI 19140) · YELLOW 6 LAKE (CI 15985) · TIN OXIDE (CI 77861) ·

It's available in 8 shades and I bought the two shades that can pass as highlighters!

The packaging is slim and sleek! I like that the design is simple and still pretty girly! It's compact that's easy to pack in the bag, especially in travels.

It comes with a brush applicator. It's pretty soft but I don't use it. I find it too thin and small. Haha!

Now for the fun part, the swatches:
Left: Sin City
Right: Concrete Jungle
Under direct fluorescent lighting

I like that their names are sort of opposites—city and jungle. ;)

Left: Sin City
Right: Concrete Jungle
Still under fluorescent lighting... but not directly under. :P

I provided some solo shots of the product for your reference as well as a photo of me wearing it taken near a source of light to "highlight" the shine.

Here's Sin City.



Sin City reminds me of Nars Albatross, that's why I bought it.

It gives a very bright shine. It's quite light and gives your complete look a bright glow, especially when you place it on top of your cheek bones. It brings out the eyes!

Here's Concrete Jungle.



It's champagne in color. I bought it because it's close to my favorite color. :)

It gives my skin a warm glow! It's not as bright as Sin City and it has chunkier shimmers.

The blushes/highlighters are pretty good. The powder is pretty smooth, although it's a bit chalky. It gives a luminescent glow, but I don't like the chunky shimmers from Concrete Jungle. So as you can see, there are pros and cons for me. Did these convince me to join the strobing craze? Well... no. I still use them often, especially Sin City, but they aren't a must in my makeup routine.

And that's all for this post! 

Do you use any of the Sweet Cheeks HD products from Pink Sugar? Which shade/s? Do you do strobing when doing your makeup? What product do you use?


Cheers,
DAWN



2 comments:

  1. Concrete jungle is just stunning! I would use that for sure! I rarely use highlight products though, I always just use very shimmery blushes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True! I do like it's shade but the chunky glitter is not my style, unfortunately. I also rarely use highlighters, but lately, I'm beginning to like them. :P

      Delete