Saturday, December 27, 2014

The Body Shop Winter Trend Eye Shadow Palette in Frosted Pastels

Hey gorgeous!

Christmas is over but that doesn't mean we don't have to look all sparkly and merry! Get glammed-up with frosted pastels with this eye shadow palette from The Body Shop!

The Body Shop Winter Trend Eye Shadow Palette in Frosted Pastels
Php 1,495.00

This palette is quite different from the previous Winter Trend palettes in the last couple of years. The others were mostly dark, earth tones for smoky eyes. This, on the other hand, has lighter shades for a brighter look.


Even the packaging is different. It's lighter and the design looks cuter compared to the classy black compacts of the previous years.

Anyway, let's see what this product is all about first...

Info from their website:


 

The box also has a step-by-step instruction on how to create that frosty holiday look!


This year's edition comes in two shades. The other is called Dolly Pastels. I think the other one is more of my type but I guess Frosted Pastel is still good since it is more earthy in color and it's a bit different from most of the eye shadows I have now.

This is what the palette looks like.

It comes with a double sided applicator.


One side for applying eyeshadows while the other is for lining.


What I like about this palette besides the sparkly goodness is that the brown shade can be a nice brow shadow! It works great if you have colored hair and light brow hair strands.

These are the swatches.

And below are photos of my eye with the eyeshadows on. I applied it as directed in the instruction on the box.






The colors are very neutral. Even the mint shade is quite sheer but very glittery. I was expecting more pigments like the ones in the previous palettes but this is a bit different because the two neutral shades are pearly finish (the brown is even close to being matte) while the other two are very sparkly! The combination would look great with a bold lipstick to give an even brighter look. Sparkly eyes + bold lipstick is perfection this holiday season!

So what do you think of this palette? Are you more of a Frosted Pastels or the Dolly Pastels?


Cheers,
DAWN

2 comments:

  1. I think I'm more of a Dolly Pastel. The Frosted looks a bit similar to my Revlon quad palette :)


    xoxo,
    Gelleesh.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm more of a Dolly Palette too. But I guess both palettes are too sheer for my liking anyways. But if you like nudes with shimmers, then these palettes would be great!

      Delete