Sunday, April 20, 2014

Review : Holika Holika Oil Queen Cotton Primer

Hey dears!

One of my biggest concerns during summer days is the staying power of my makeup. The heat and humidity usually cause my makeup to fade or cake. That's definitely a no-no!

So a primer is a must for me, especially since I have oily skin. It helps in so many ways to make your makeup last longer—it prevents caking and fading, hides pores, makes skin softer, and more. I've tried several primers now and I've also reviewed some, each specializing in an area. For today's review, I'll be sharing with you guys a product that specializes in controlling oil.

Holika Holika Oil Queen Cotton Primer
It's Php 485.00.

I bought this last October from their SM Fairview branch but this is also available via Glamourbox.


Let's check the product info on the box:
It's kinda blurry (sorry), so I got more info from the Holika Holika Canada website:

  Sebum control primer that controls overflow of sebum and changes the skin from an oily skin to a soft skin

DIRECTIONS:
  After base skin care, softly apply focusing on parts with sebum

INGREDIENTS:
 WATER,CYCLOPENTASILOXANE,CYCLOMETHICONE,TITANIUM DIOXIDE,BUTYLENE GLYCOL,DIMETHICONE,LAURYL PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE,ETHYLHEXYL ISONONANOATE,DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL,DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER,DIPHENYLSILOXY PHENYL TRIMETHICONE,ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE,SODIUM CHLORIDE,DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE,SILICA,METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER,OSSYPIUM HERBACEUM (COTTON) EXTRACT,BIS-ISOBUTYL PEG/PPG-10/7/DIMETHICONE COPOLYMER,VINYL DIMETHICONE/METHICONE SILSESQUIOXANE 

and also at the bottom of the bottle includes the expiration date and some other info that is in Korean or Hangul (is that right?)...

So let's talk about the packaging...
It's in a plastic bottle that holds 30ml of product. The design is very cute and clean. It really has a cute cotton character wearing a crown!

Dispensing the product is very simple because you just pump it out. The cap though is hard to clean because it has the shape of the pump so try to wipe the pump before closing it after every use so that no product will be stuck in the cap. It's for hygienic purposes too.

So this is the product. The scent is like a cross between fruity and baby powder... I like it. :P 

It's white in color and the consistency is a little thick... sort of like the usual BB cream.

It makes the skin a little silkier. Careful with the amount you put on because it leaves a white matte finish so blend it very well.

In terms of performance, it really does what it says, that it effectively controls excess sebum. I don't get as oily as I usually do when I use this primer (my face becomes a greaseball without any product on after a few hours). It takes around 4-5 hours before I have to blot my face which is quite impressive considering that it's so hot right now in the Philippines. And also, it has SPF15. It may be a bit low but I don't usually rely solely on primers for my SPF—I also have sunscreens, BB Creams and foundations (even my daytime moisturizers have SPF) for that especially since the sun is more intense this summer.


What I LIKE:

- Controls oil
- Has SPF15
- Makes skin a little silkier
- Affordable
- Locally available
- Packaging
-The scent


What I DON'T LIKE:

- The cap
- It's too white


Would I buy again?
Yes! I really like this product because excess sebum is one of my skin concerns and this really help in dealing with it and prolonging my makeup. I recommend this to those with oily (like me) and combination skin.

And that's my review! Hope you find this helpful!

And happy Easter to all!


Cheers,
DAWN

4 comments:

  1. Sounds a really helpful product! I think that's what would help me from having to apply more powder throughout the day! A good primer! Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...interesting. This seems like a great one to try out especially this season. I will def gonna check on this. Love the packaging too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, tell me what you think of it when you check it out!

      Delete