Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Review : Make Up For Ever Aqua Liner in 13 Mat Black

Hey dearies!

Here's another product that I bought during my out-of-the-country vacation last June. Since everyday was a whole day of sight-seeing and food-tripping, my makeup should be easy to apply, simple, and long-lasting. 

One of the looks that help me look decent even after a whole day of walking are well-defined eyes. I like applying eyeliner on my upper lids, thick ones. They just make the eyes look bigger and more alive, something many Asian makeup lovers would agree with. So I needed an eyeliner that is black and has a very good staying power. I have extremely oily lids so it has to be extra powerful!

So when I was browsing Sephora for an eyeliner that can do that for me, I saw this...

Make Up For Ever Aqua Liner in 13 Mat Black

I've already tried the pencil one and it worked pretty well (although I use that on the lower lids for color) so might as well try this too. 
I forgot how much I bought it but I'm pretty sure that it is not on the same range as the usual eyeliners I buy here in Manila. MUFE in the Philippines is even more expensive than  in the US. That's actually another reason why I bought this one during my vacation.

So anyway, let's proceed to my review. 
Let's see the info on the packaging:

Packaging is very classy and simple. It looks so clean and sleek.


It promises intense color, waterproof result, easy application, and can be easily removed my makeup removers. It's also available in various shades, I believe there's 19 of them...

This is a liquid type eyeliner and it comes with an applicator.

Here's a closeup of the applicator. It's a short, soft sponge tip. With this, it is easy to control the line especially if you want them thin and precise. 

Swatch on hand

The formula is thin and light. I like that I don't have to wait a long while to let it dry when I apply it. It's fragrance-free too!

When applied

It looks really black on the swatch but when applied, the blackness of the eyeliner isn't that black. Just try to shake it before using so the pigments are all there. 

It says it's matte but it's not when I apply it on my eyes. It gives off a slightly shiny finish. Not much of an issue for me though.

It is easy to remove. You can actually rub it off! It's sort of a good thing and a bad thing. The good thing is that you don't have to use too much of your time removing waterproof eyeliner. The bad thing is when you accidentally rubbed your eyes, it gets flakey and will just fall off.

As for the staying power, it can last the whole day without smudging... even on my oily lids! Yay! It sits there prettily unless you rub your eyes and then it flakes off. :P

Anyway, to sum it up:

What I LIKE:

- Waterproof
- Long-lasting
- Easy to use
- Packaging
- Easy to remove
- Fragrance-free
- Available in many shades

What I DON'T LIKE

- Not really matte
- Not black enough for me
- Flakes off when touched
- A little expensive for my budget


This would have been pretty good if it weren't for the lack of blackness. I want my eyeliners intensely black. If it were, I would have bought it again... but it's not, so I most probably would not purchase the product again.

So what do you think of the Make Up For Ever Aqua Liner in 13 Mat Black?



Cheers,
DAWN

No comments:

Post a Comment