Tuesday, May 06, 2014

The Body Shop Seaweed Mattifying Moisture Lotion SPF 15

Hey loves!

Since it looks like there'll be a lot of sun in the days to come (El Niño alert. Boohoo!), extra SPF to your skin's daily routine is always good. Besides my usual sunscreen and some BB Creams or foundies with a bit of SPF, I'm currently using a moisturizer that has SPF as well!

The Body Shop Seaweed Mattifying Moisture Lotion SPF 15 
Bought this for Php 680.00 at their Rockwell branch last March.

So let's check some product info from the website:

This lightweight moisturising lotion hydrates, controls excess oil and combats shine. It also has UVA/UVB protection.

- Rebalances oil
- Combats shine
- SPF 15 for UVA/UVB protection

The heart inside:
SEAWEED
The bladderwrack seaweed we use grows wild in clean waters off the south-west coast of Ireland. 


FULL INGREDIENTS
Aqua (Water) (Solvent/Diluent), Octyl Methoxycinnamate (Sunscreen), Cyclopentasiloxane (Skin-Conditioning Agent/Emollient), Octyl Salicylate (Sunscreen), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (Emulsifier), Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane (Avobenzone) (Sunscreen), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), Phenyl Trimethicone (Emollient/Hair Conditioner), Butylene Glycol (Humectant), Cetyl Dimethicone (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Potassium Cetyl Phosphate (Surfactant/Emulsifying Agent), PEG-12 Dimethicone (Hair Conditioning Agent/Skin Conditioning Agent), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Triethanolamine (pH Adjuster), Tapioca Starch (Viscosity Increasing Agent), Carbomer (Stabiliser/Viscosity Modifier), Cetyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Parfum (Fragrance), Methylparaben (Preservative), Zinc Gluconate (Skin Conditioning Agent), Hydrolysed Algin (Phycosaccharide Anti-Inflammation) (Soothing agent), Zinc Sulphate (Cosmetic Astringent), Tetrasodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Butylparaben (Preservative), Ethylparaben (Preservative), Propylene Glycol Alginate (Binder), Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein (Skin/Hair Conditioning Agent), Sodium Stearate (Surfactant), Fucus vesiculosus (Bladderwrack Extract) (Skin Conditioning Agent), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Isobutylparaben (Preservative), Propylparaben (Preservative), Butylphenyl Methylpropional (Fragrance Ingredient), Benzyl Salicylate (Fragrance Ingredient), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Acacia senegal (Film Former), Serine (Skin Conditioning Agent), Xanthan Gum (Viscosity Modifier), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone (Fragrance Ingredient), Tocopherol (Antioxidant).

How to use:
Smooth onto face and neck using an upward, circular motion

 Here's what it looks like. It's quite creamy. This made me doubt if it really is lightweight.


But as I spread it, I felt that it is quite light on skin. Not as light as water based products though but still light in my opinion. The finish will look a bit dewy but after a few seconds, it will set on your face and turn, well, not entirely matte but like your natural skin. It also doesn't make the skin whiter like some sunscreens (the SPF isn't that high anyway) and it works good under makeup. 

It is scented. The usual seaweed scent with extra sweetness to it. I can't really describe the scent further but it smells really pleasant. I like it because it smells so clean.

This product is catered for people with combination or oily skin. Mine is oily and I do believe that this product balances my skin. I use acne treatments that dry some of my problem areas and this help prevent dry patches from showing up when I wear my makeup. And I do think that it helps control the amount of sebum production better than some of the day moisturizers I've tried (though I've only tried a few, mostly drugstore brands). But if your face is dry to normal, I suggest you skip this. :P

I'd probably buy again unless I find a better one or something that looks more interesting. Though it works well with my skin, I'm not considering it as an HG product. I like to try new products anyway. Haha! :P


Cheers,
DAWN

4 comments:

  1. I would like to try it too. I own this seaweed clay mask and I quite love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was once mistakenly recommended a moisturizer from the Seaweed line din. It was in a tub. That dried me up so much, baka okay siya for oily skin hehe :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too. I feel like magkukulang nga ang moisturization nito sa dry skin. :P

      Delete