Wednesday, December 21, 2011

My First Take on Crackling Nail Polish

I know that crackling nail polish has been popular for quite a long time now.
And I've always wanted to get my hands on them since the first time I saw them.
Unfortunately, I didn't know where to buy them, besides ordering online... or I find them too expensive for my budget. Haha! 

So this Christmas, I put 'Crackling Nail Polish' in my wishlist during our exchange gift with my college barkada.

And I finally got some! Yayyy!

2 Nail Up Environmental Polish!
Thanks, Abby! :D

So last Sunday, I tried it out. I used the red one because it's Christmas!

I used my Elianto Nail Color in No.26 for my base and Caronia Colorless Nail Polish.

I really had no idea how to use this before. I even applied it without any base color and I was like, why did it turn out like this?? Haha! I'm such a dork!
So I researched on how to apply it and finally I got it right!
I documented the process so here's what happened:

I applied the base coat first. Yeah, I'm quite messy when I put nail polish.

 Bluuuurrrrred picture. Sorry!
And then apply an appropriate amount of the crackling polish.

After that you wait a few seconds... you can also blow on your nails to speed up the process... Well, I did... :p

This is what it looked like after a minute or so.
I took a picture of a different nail... I don't know what I was thinking that time. LOL

Then I topped it with the colorless nail polish.

And here's the result! :)

Yayyyy! :D :D :D

I'm really happy with what it looks like that I bought some more crackling nail polishes in The Fort Bazaar last Monday. These ones are cheaper for Php45.00 each.

I'm excited to try these out as well!
I'll let you know how it turns out when I do! :)
Cheers,
DAWN

8 comments:

  1. wow! ganda ng result. i wanna buy the same brand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Unfortunately hindi ko alam kung san binili ng friend ko. I'll post it here pag natanong ko na. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still trying to love these cracked nail polishes. Great review! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! Trying? How come? Although I do admit that sometimes, Hindi cute yung final result. It really depends on luck if they'll crack 'prettily.' :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my word! its such a steal for Php45! I'd love to know where your friend got this! The colors will definitely look great with white nail polish! ^_^

    followed your blog doll! :)

    xoxo,

    Iya

    http://prettylittlepetite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh. I don't think the one I used is P45. The cheap ones are those I got from the bazaar. Those who are at the pictures at the bottom.
    I'll ask my friend where she bought it and how much they are. :)

    Thanks for following! followed you too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yaaay! what is the brand of the ones you bought from the bazaar? I hope you have the name of the shop.. :)

    Thanks for following my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. prettylittlepetite: Hi! The crackling polish I used in this post according to my friend is bought in trinoma. near chewy junior. it's just a booth and it's P120 each. :)

    Those worth P45 didn't mention which brand they are. o.O All the saleslady told me is that it's korean. Haha. :P

    ReplyDelete