Friday, September 02, 2016

Innisfree Green Tea Cleansing Water

Good evening ladies,

Here's a short review on my sister's pasalubong from Korea.


It has been a while since I've used cleansing waters again since I have never found a decent replacement for my Nature Republic Natural Lemon Cleansing Water and have settled with their aloe vera soothing gel as make-up remover.

Anyway, getting back to the topic. This Innisfree Green Tea Cleansing Water has a very convenient pump dispenser mechanism. You lay down the cotton/cotton pad on top, press down, and a small pool of product is released and gets sipped by the cotton. For me this actually helps save a lot of product as compared to the "faucet-type" looking pump since there's minimal spill.


The bottle holds 300 ml of product, so to make it last, I usually just use it for eye make-up removal.

I had a picture of the instructions and the ingredients but it was just too blurry to post so here is the typed instructions and ingredients list as found in the bottle.

Directions: Place 2 sheets of cotton pads on top of pump and gently press downward. Use wet cotton pads to softly wipe across your face. Whenever you feel that your skin is dry finish by washing only with water after product use.

Ingredients: CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, GLYCERIN, PEG-7 GLYCERYL COCOATE, PROPANEDIOL, PEG-6 CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC GLYCERIDES, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, HAMAMELIS VIRGINIANA (WITCH HAZEL) LEAF EXTRACT, CITRUS PARADISI (GRAPEFRUIT) FRUIT EXTRACT, CITRUS AURANTIUM BERGAMIA (BERGAMOT) FRUIT EXTRACT, CITRUS AURANTIUM DULCIS (ORANGE) FRUIT EXTRACT, CITRUS TANGERINA (TANGERINE) EXTRACT, CITRUS UNSHIU PEEL EXTRACT, OPUNTIA COCCINELLIFERA FRUIT EXTRACT, ORCHID EXTRACT, CAMELLIA JAPONICA LEAF EXTRACT, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, DISODIUM EDTA, PHENOXYETHANOL, FRAGRANCE
  


I don't usually follow the instructions and just follow my usual routine of pressing the wet cotton onto my lids for at least 10-15 seconds and gently swipe outward.


The product melts my make-up and eyeliner (even the waterproof ones) but cannot completely clean mascara. For mascaras, I'd need to do two cycles of the pressing with the wet cotton.

However, I found that this product stings the eyes a little and that it feels a little oily after. Also, after sometime, the clear liquid turned cloudy (see picture below) and an oily condensate is settling around the bottle cover and making a slippery oily trail down the side.


I am not sure if this is due to the heat but it's the first time I've seen this happen to my cleansing water. Such was not observed when I was using Bifesta or Nature Republic.

Lastly, this bottle holds 300 ml of product and is only available online in the Philippines. I've visited the stores selling Innisfree products and this seems to be not available. I am not sure about it's price but judging from the price list of other products within the green tea series, it could cost around 500 to 600.

I won't recommend buying it, as Bifesta holds the same amount of product for a cheaper price and does not leave an oily feeling after use.

If you're deciding on buying cleansing water from Korea, I hope this has helped you a little. Anyway, until next time!

Cheers,
LIZ

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your review on this. I haven't actually used a cleansing water yet but I didn't like the fact that it stings even a bit especially if you're going to use on your eyes. xD

    xoxo,
    Gelleesh.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gelleesh! Glad you liked my post. I hope this does not discourage you from trying cleansing waters. They're actually really good for removing eye make-ups. I recommend trying bifesta or if bioderma if you have a bigger budget for it. :)

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete