Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Clinique Lid Smoothie Antioxidant 8-Hour Eye Colour in Currant Affair

Hey loves!

My sister, Tracy, just got here from Australia yesterday and we bonded the whole day today. Some of the older readers prolly know her because she used to be my partner in this blog. :) It has been two years since we last saw each other in person so I really, really missed her. We'll have more outings and shoppings soon so maybe I'll post some pictures soon.

Anyway, I'll just post swatches of this product...

Clinique Lid Smoothie Antioxidant 8-Hour Eye Colour

Info from the website:
Creamy, crease-resistant eye colour wears for 8 hours. Instantly cools thanks to a unique applicator. Nourishing ingredients coax fine lid lines into a blanket of smoothness. Antioxidants help protect eye-area skin.

Tip: A little goes a long way-start with a small amount and build with additional colour as desired.


Bought this tube from a blogger friend. She was destashing because she was going abroad to study. Since I love eyeshadows, I can't resist buying this. Haha!


The shade is no. 11 Currant Affair.


I don't really know if this product is good. I didn't check for reviews and I never considered Clinique as a primary brand choice for eyeshadows. But it says it can stay for 8 hours and that it is smooth so I was sold... plus, my friend is selling it in a lower price. :P


The shade is a grey-purple shade... not something that others would easily pick... it's not a neutral shade that's easy to wear, but I think it would be a great base for a dark, smokey look.

It is true that it glides smoothly. It's quite pigmented as well.

Unfortunately, when I smudged it, the pigments were easily removed. :(
I even waited for some minutes before I wiped it. Quite disappointing actually.

On my lids, it's not as dark as the one I made on my hands. I did not want to put too much on to avoid creasing so this amount is the best I can apply on my lids evenly.

I do think it looks nice.

With eyeliner, it looks gorgeous!

I also add a darker shade to create depth too.

It looks gorgeous but it really does not deliver. I thought that since it claims to be long-lasting that I would not need a primer. Since it is a cream shadow and it has a matte finish, it can act as a primer... but it does not. It creases on my lids in around 3-4 hours only. I don't know if it's because of my oily skin or the humid weather... or the combination of both, but it just doesn't stay on my lids well. As much as I don't want to admit it, I am not happy about this and considering that it's $20 on the website, I don't think it's worth it. 

Have you guys tried the Clinique Lid Smoothie Antioxidant 8-Hour Eye Colour yet? Was your experience with it the same?


Cheers,
DAWN


No comments:

Post a Comment