Saturday, September 08, 2012

My Frizz Free Finish Experience! My First Try on Keratin Complex (PART 1)

 Hello Lovelies!!

I'm very excited to share with you in this blog post an experience I had last Thursday! 

A few days ago, I got an invite from Joy and Jennifer of Keratin Complex Philippines to try out their Keratin Complex Treatment at Smooth and Straight Salon at Makati during their Frizz Free Finish Week. Also in the invitation were a few info on what Keratin Complex can do for our crowning glory and also an introduction to their newest brand, The Macadamia Natural Oil. If you've read some of my previous posts, I've been trying out ways to manage my hair better so I was very interested to check this out.

Along with their invite were these promo materials which made me more curious about the said brands...

 "Keratin Complex has established itself as the number one smoothing therapy in the country, enjoying the support from the country’s top salons like Jing Monis Salon, Bench Fix Salon, Emphasis Salon, Piandre Salon, Franck Provost, Alex Carbonell, Essensuals Toni and Guy, David's Salon, and many others. This revolutionary keratin treatment from legendary hair stylist Peter Coppolla, rebuilds, restores, and rejuvenates all types of hair- making the hair softer, smoother, shinier."

" Macadamia Natural Oil, which officially launches next month, are made with lightweight and nutrient-rich properties of Macadamia nut and Argan seed oils, to revitalize even the most problematic hair, nourishing from root to tip, bringing back the hair to its natural beauty. It's a new treatment that's been slowly taking the city by storm: getting rave reviews from hair experts and clients alike."

Interesting, huh?
 That's why I already reserved Thursday to try the Keratin Complex out! ♥
 I was so ready to get a new hair style! I've been sporting curls for more than a year now and want a change for the mean time. This offer is such in good timing!
Upon arrival to the Smooth and Straight Salon, I was greeted with friendly smiles. I met Jennifer who gave me an overview of the treatment session. They really made my stay comfortable and offered me drinks like coffee or iced tea, but I went with just plain water (I also had an interview that day and I didn't  want me to go to the CR a lot, haha!).

 There were also cookies!! ♥

The stations in the salon also had the promo images of the Keratin Complex and Macadamia Natural Oil. I believe they are the main distributor of the brands' products here in the country.

On to the treatment...

Honey, the salon's head stylist, was in-charge of my treatment along with Jane. They were really nice and answered all my queries about the procedures.

First off, they cleansed my hair with a clarifying shampoo. It is very important that the hair is free of oil and dirt so the treatment will be taken in properly.
 Loving the painting at the shampoo/ rinsing station! The artist in me says, "Yayyy!"

After shampoo, they applied the Keratin Treatment... I had the Keratin Complex Natural Keratin Smoothing Treatment.
It was left on my hair under a hair cap for 30 minutes first...

 Good thing they supplied me with all these magazines! All of them were new! August to September 2012 issues! Great way for me to catch up on what's new in fashion and beauty (and a bit on entertainment too!).


 Then, Jane blow dried my hair (while the treatment was still there, no rinsing), and when it was completely dry, Honey started to straighten my hair with a straightening iron so the heat will make treatment bond with my hair more.

 Only my bangs left to iron and we're done!
And oh! They also gave me a free hair cut to get rid of the super dry ends of my hair.

So let me refresh you on what my hair looked like before...
 Ends of my hair were all dry and also frizzy...
 And here's what my hair looked like after the session!
Well, hello straight, smooth, and healthy looking hair!

It looks healthier and has more volume compared to having my hair rebonded which just looks so flat and lifeless! Super love the results! ♥

 And what made things better was that they gave me a Keratin Complex Shampoo and Conditioner to maintain my newly treated hair! Yayyyy!! ♥

After the session, I asked Jennifer and Honey more about the treatment. 
♥ I learned that I can get the treatment again within 3-5 months.
♥ It is a better way of smoothening and straightening hair compared to rebonding or relaxing which have chemicals that are quite damaging to our crowning glory.
♥ The more you get the treatment, the healthier your hair gets!
♥ The salon gets a lot of clients that avail the treatment, they have at least 1 or 2 a day.
♥ The treatment is widely used internationally as well!  
♥ Other than the shampoo and conditioner, Keratin Complex also have other products to maintain the smoothness and radiance of our hair.

Of course, before leaving, I had to take pictures with people! Haha!
 Too bad I wasn't able to meet Joy that day. But she called me the next day and was nice enough to ask about my experience. ♥

 Me with Honey and Jane

 with Jennifer and Honey
 And of course, don't forget the vain shots!

 My hair's so smooth, I can't help but touch it time after time. It feels so light too!
 It definitely gave me more confidence as I walk along the streets of Makati! Haha!

 But for now I have to endure 3 days without shampooing. I'm not even allowed to ponytail my hair. It easily gets oily which can be annoying. Good thing it's the weekends and I don't have to go out. :P

If you want more info on Keratin Complex or about Straight and Smooth Salon, here are their  Pages:

You can contact Straight and Smooth Salon here:
Upper Ground Floor, Vernida 1 Condominium, 120 Amorsolo St., Legaspi Village, 1200 Makati
(02) 759 5105

 This is just part one of my Keratin Complex experience posts. I will give you an update of the state of my hair when I finally get to shampoo it so stay tuned for that!


Cheers!
DAWN

13 comments:

  1. Nice post...love your hair.*_*
    Would you like to follow each other on BLOGLOVIN and GFC???
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair looks so healthy and shiny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. circleofchaos - thanks for dropping by! Followed you! :D

    Anna - True! Loving my hair!

    valerie - It was! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you post what your hair looked like after a week? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can check the result here: http://peachypinksisters.blogspot.com/2012/09/my-frizz-free-finish-experience-my_10.html

      Delete
  5. how much does it cost to have that keratin treatment in that salon? thanks....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For my hair, it was around 7k if I remember it right. Sorry for the super late reply btw.

      Delete
  6. alm mo ba kung saan pwde bumili ng gnyang product

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry but I am not aware of the places where you can avail these products. The Smooth and Straight Salon which I went to for this post carries them. :)

      Delete
  7. Yeah no doubt this treatment is used internationally but still I feel that it is quite important to have a safe keratin complex shampoo as many of them have got long term or short term side effects which people tend to ignore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I am grateful that I was given a set for maintenance. :D

      Delete
  8. One of the best hair treatment is keratin.which is the natural way of teatment to the hair.keratin treatment sydney

    ReplyDelete