Friday, June 05, 2015

Ellana Minerals Strawberry Vanilla Lip Scrub

Hello loves!

I have an on-going makeover series. I invited some friends over to do a makeup experiment with each having a certain theme. That being said, I get to do the makeup of different people and one thing that annoys me (oh, besides super dry skin) is when they have chappy lips! We don't have much time to make the model drink so much water for her lips to get well hydrated, obviously, so I'm so happy that this product exists:

Ellana Minerals Strawberry Vanilla Lip Scrub

You can get this at Php 299.00 online or in their branches/stores.


I'm familiar with lip scrubs, but this particular product became an instant favorite of mine the moment I first tried it. Wanna know why? Then read on...

But first, here's the product info from the website:

For a perfectly polished pout, use our sweet-smelling Strawberry Vanilla Lip Scrub to regularly exfoliate your lips!

How to use:
Apply on dry lips and scrub them gentle in circular motions. Wipe off with tissue.

What can it do?
This lip scrub is best for dry and flaking lips. Do not use on chapped and wounded lips; give them time to heal first.

What's inside?
Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride Polyamino Sugar Condensate Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate/Hexastearate/Hexarosinate, Isononyl Isononanoate Butyrospermum parkii Cera Alba Tocopherol Acetate Mica Silicone Dioxide Fragaria ananassa D&C 8 CI 45350 Vanilla planifolia


The packaging is a simple, little, plastic jar. It closes tightly so the scrubs do not dry out and it's easy to carry if you're traveling.


The design is simple too, pretty close to the illustrations of their compacts and mineral powder jars. I guess they have the same illustrator? Not sure... and I think that's an illustration of a rose? I dunno why but it's still pretty nonetheless. :P


Here's a close up of the jar. The granules are more chunky than the lips scrubs I've used before, but that doesn't mean that it's harsh. In fact, I think this makes the scrub more effective in dealing with flaky lips. If you need to use the scrub often (maybe you like wearing matte lippies or your lips flake quickly), just use a very light amount so that it won't be too abrasive. When the lips are very dry and flaky, grab more of the scrubs and massage it longer. It really does the job effectively.


As I have mentioned, you need to massage it for some time in order for this to get rid of the flaky areas. That won't be too much of a problem for me and my friends because this product smells so good! Sweet strawberry is LOVE! And do not worry if you accidentally got some in your mouth, it's okay if you get to eat a small amount (I was in one of the brand's workshop with Speedy Course PH and it was mentioned that this is okay, correct me if I am wrong though). It's sweet but I don't suggest you actually eat this. Haha!

Overall, if you are looking for a way to get softer lips, then I recommend you try using the Ellana Minerals Strawberry Vanilla Lip Scrub. I'm sure you'll enjoy using this strawberry-smelling, sweet-tasting, and very effective product!

For more info about Ellana, check out their:

Ellana is available online and at the following branches:
The Ramp, 2nd Floor Glorietta 3, Makati City, The Ramp; 2nd Floor Shangri-la Plaza Mall, Mandaluyong City; The Ramp, 1st Floor Trinoma Mall, Quezon City; Unit 203 La Fuerza Plaza 2, Chino Roces Ave. Corner Sabio St., Makati City

Disclaimer: If you click the Ellana links on this post (or the Ellana banner at the side bar), you get a discount when you buy online and I get a part of the money in return because I joined their affiliate program. Even though I benefit from this, rest assured that all I stated in my posts are my honest reviews. :)

Do you use lip scrubs? What do you do to keep your lips from getting dry and flaky?


Cheers.
DAWN


6 comments:

  1. I always have dry lips. I need to wear lip balm every day and night for it to look plump and healthy without dry skin. My favorite lip balm is from the face shop, it's their i'm shea butter lip care cream, apply it at night and the next day, the dead skin will peel off and my lips are super hydrated! I haven't tried scrubs because it might be too harsh :P

    And is that you *wink wink* series? If only I'm in Manila right now :( XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It's THAT series! Haha! I hope you can come and visit so you can be my model too! Haha! Let me know when you're free. :P

      Delete
  2. Another awesome no frills products from them! I seriously love everything you've reviewed from them, I really love hearing and seeing from brands that just produce great stuff without being complicated! I really need to have a lip scrub for those days when my lips really peel like mad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they ship internationally but I really do wish that they can open branches outside the Philippines so that more people can discover how good Ellana products are.

      Delete
  3. I have heard that it's edible but I'm not so sure of the fact. I would love it if it were so, this scrub smells amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think it is if I remember correctly. I actually tasted it and it is sweet! It really is sugar. Haha!

      Delete