Sunday, February 08, 2015

Sephora Waterproof Jumbo Liner 12HR Wear in Green and Gold

Hey loves!

My best friend, Rica, who is currently residing in the US got us some new beauty toys to play with! 

She gave Liz and I some skin care products from The Body Shop and these super pigmented Jumbo Liners from Sephora. She gave Liz and I two each and I'll be sharing the two shades I got in this post.

Sephora Waterproof Jumbo Liner 12HR Wear in Green and Gold


I think the other two shades that Liz got are in Turquoise and Violet. I'll try to ask her to post swatches of those liners too. :)


These are the info from their website

What it is:
A collection of jumbo eye pencils that can be used as eyeliners or blended out as eye shadows. 

What it does:
These jumbo pencils create a range of effects, from bold lines and blended effects to thin, defined lines. Resistant to water, heat, and humidity, their creamy, high-pigment formulas apply smoothly. From deep blacks to rich and shimmery shades, each is formulated with exclusive waxes and pigments to assure maximum color intensity that stays put for 12-hours.

Suggested Usage:
-Draw a line from the inner corner to the outer corner of upper and lower lid. 
-For a more dramatic effect: apply all over the eyelid. 
-Pencil may be blended with fingers or a brush to spread color all over the eyelid. 
-Layer two jumbo pencils to create your own custom look. 
-Use 05 beige jumbo pencil as a base for your eyeshadow that lasts all day long. 
-Use 01 white on the inner corner of the eye to make eyes pop.

Rica got these for us because when she tried it, she loved how pigmented and how long lasting they were and she wanted us to try them out too! How she raved about them made me so excited to get my hands on them!

So this is the Gold jumbo liner...

The shade is a shimmery, metallic, warm gold. 

And this is the green liner...

It's less shimmery compared to the gold one.

These are the swatches.
They are very pigmented because I got these vibrant colors in just a stroke of the pencils!

And now, I'll share the post on how I tested the staying power of the products. First, I tried rubbing it with my fingers several times...

Nothing happened. I guess there are a little to almost unnoticeable "sparkles" of the gold smudged.


Here I rubbed it very hard with wet cloth and as you can see, it got smudged, especially the gold one. The green shade still looked clean but less color intensity. If you put it under running water, nothing happens but if you smudge it or rub it, then you will encounter this, something not so surprising when it comes to eye liners. I was expecting a stronger lasting power from it though but without forcing it to come off (like rubbing your eyes), it can last the whole day. I do have oily lids though so it tends to blend with my eyeshadow after half a day of wearing it. But it stays the whole day looking untouched when I applied it under my lower lash line. It just looks beautiful throughout the day and the intense pigments really makes your eyes so eye-catching!

And that's all for this post. I think there are dozens and dozens of shades available for these Waterproof Jumbo Liners 12HR Wear. I'd like to get some mauve and peach colors!

Have you tried these eyeliners from Sephora yet? What shades do you have/wanna get?


Cheers,
DAWN

6 comments:

  1. wow the colors are so vibrant too bad we dont have sephora here :(
    http://steph-g.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes... I wish there'll be a Sephora, Philippines soonnnnnnnnest!

      Delete
  2. Oh dear me! I totally love the look of both the colors! I however have a few colors that I always use for all my looks so I tend to get mostly neutrals creams for bases! I totally would love to swatch these in store though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to lean with the neutrals too but there are those occasions that I'm in the mood for a color pop on my eye makeup!

      Delete
  3. Pretty! I like gold one <3 Sayang it smudges but as long as it doesn't get touched, then it's fine :D I think, just THINK I saw eyeliners similar to this from essence!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven't checked Essence for a while now... it's been months... probably even a year since I did. :P

      Delete