Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Ever Bilena: Matic Brow Liner in Earth

Good evening ladies,

Last Wednesday, Dawn attended the Ever Bilena event at Whitespace Manila and she has gave me a choice to take one of the products given to her for me to try out and review. 


Of course, since I've really sparse eyebrow hair, I went with the Matic Brow Liner in Earth.


So this is a retractable brow liner (as the name suggests) and comes in two colors, Earth and Midnight.


Below are the ingredients of this liner:

Cyclopentasiloxane , Paraffin, Diisostearyl Dimer Dilinoleate , PEG - 6 Beeswax, Ozokerite, Hydrogenatred Castor Oil, Ceresin, Tocopherol, Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, May contain : Mica (CI 77019) , Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) Red Iron Oxide (CI 77491) , Yellow Iron Oxide (CI 77492), Black iron Oxide (CI 77499), Bismuth OXychloride (CI 77163)

The pencil is soft and creamy in consistency. You need to keep the tip short if you are heavy handed as it can break easily.


I did 3 different strokes for the swatch, the top one is somewhat of an in-between heavy and light stroke. Middle is the more heavy handed stroke (where I broke the tip of the pencil). Lastly, the bottom is the feathery stroke which is recommended for filling in your brows.


Below is the picture after smudging it a bit. As you can see, it's not smudge proof. If you have the habit of scratching your eyebrows (for any reason), you might want to bring this along with you for retouching purposes.


Ok so here is my brow without any product. As you can see, I have sparse and thin eyebrow hair, which are just barely visible if seen from afar.


Now here is my brow after filling it in with the matic brow liner.


I do have to say that I found it a little hard to balance the application. I have a hard time doing the feather strokes and I'm a little more heavy handed when doing my brows. This is one of the reasons why I prefer powders to pencils. But if I do go for pencils, I prefer less creamier ones.


So this is not really much of a favorite of mine. Though it is quite easy to use, and in my case, it being not smudge-proof worked as I was trying to balance it out.

Below are pictures after 7 hours of wear. It tends to fade out as soon as your face starts getting oily. Sorry about the stark difference in skin color, I used a different light source for the 7 hours later.


I kind of expected it to be like this that's why I used it for just that day, since I did not have to be at the office for the whole day. 


This is a fairly affordable eyebrow liner however, I feel like I won't be buying it again if it ever ran out. The liner costs somewhere between 180 to 200 while my current everyday liner costs a mere 100 and performs a little bit better than this one.

So that's it for this eyebrow liner from Ever Bilena. Check out the other products from the event in Dawn's post. You can also visit their website and facebook page for more products from Ever Bilena.

Cheers,
LIZ

1 comment: