Friday, May 22, 2015

FOTD: No Make-up Make-up look + Review: Josie Maran Coconut Watercolor Cheek Gelee in Pink Escape

Hello!

I think I have never posted an FOTD before which I did on myself. This one is just an easy make-up look since this year's summer is not very kind to our make-ups. Also, I decided to include a short review on Josie Maran's Coconut Watercolor Cheek Gelee in Pink Escape.

So to start of, here's my bare face. So for my face, I have a number of sunspots and pimple marks, and basically some patches of light and dark.


Since I am not a big fan of using foundations on an ordinary day or as an everyday make-up base, I usually use BB creams and for this look, The Body Shop's Tea Tree Flawless BB Cream was a good choice. My usual BB cream of choice is actually not this one but since it's a new purchase and I haven't really used it yet, I thought it perfect for a test run. Dawn however, has done an extensive review of the product and you can read about that by clicking the product's name above.

Make-ups used:
Tea Tree Flawless BB Cream
Lancome MAQUICOMPLET Complete Coverage Concealer (not in picture)
Skin Food Black Bean Eye Brow Pencil in #3 (not in picture)
Estee Lauder Graphic Color Eyeshadow in Ravishing Auburn-01-Accent
Tarte Emphaseyes Inner Rim Brightener (not in picture)
CoverGirl LashBlast Volume Blasting Mascara
Josie Maran Coconut Watercolor Cheek Gelee in Pink Escape


Since Dawn's review was done during the rainy days, I think it would be apt that I share my summer day experience with the product. I totally agree with Dawn's review however, I found that the product does not stand up so well in hot weather; it does not stick well to the skin once you start sweating.To make it last, you really have to powder every so often, just a light dab of powder to help it settle.

So here's my face without blush. :)


So onto my mini review.

Here's the cheek gelee.


A little info on this product. It's called coconut watercolor since it is a coconut water-infused cheek gelee and does not contain parabens, sulfates, or phthalates. According to the product info from Sephora.com, this is what it does:

This buildable, blendable blush hybrid provides the natural look of a cream blush with the long-lasting hydrating color of a gel stain. Infused with 50 percent pure coconut water, it instantly hydrates while nourishing with the powerful benefits of vitamin E-rich argan oil. Like a refreshing sip of coconut water for your skin, this moisture-packed blush instantly drenches cheeks in a cool veil of color.  


Ingredients:
-Coconut Water: Cools and rehydrates skin, providing essential electrolyte replenishment.
-Argan Oil: Nourishes and hydrates skin. 
Water**, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Fruit Juice**, Glycerin, Isopropyl Isostearate**, Cetearyl Alcohol**, Isostearyl Hydroxystearate**, Methyl Gluceth-20**, Glyceryl Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Ceteareth-20**, Butylene Gycol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil*, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA. May Contain: Red 40 (CI 16035), Red 27 (CI 45410), Yellow 6 (CI 15985), Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Red 33 (CI 17200), Blue 1 (CI 42090).

It comes in 6 colors for the standard size (0.18 oz) and in two colors for the travel size (0.095 oz). It promises 14 hours of color and skin hydration. 

The one I have is the travel size, however - although I am a fan of travel sized make-ups - I'm not all that crazy about it's packaging since it's a little hard to scoop up the product with your fingers if you have long nails. Although that can be solved by having popsicle sticks/make-up spatulas on hand but still for those that do not have such things, its an issue.

Here it is swatched on my hand. To get this color I did not blend it out that much but this product is really easy to blend out and is build-able. I have a little hygiene issue with it, since it is buildable, and you basically apply it with your fingers, the pigments from your fingers kind of mix in with the product, and you end up with a not very attractive looking product. And well, when you have it on the go... it's hard keeping it really clean looking. So the trick to it is... make that once you put it on, you won't need to reapply. 


The product does promise 14 hours of color, so while you're still at home with your make-up spatulas, build it up as much as you can (to your desired color of course) so you won't need to scoop it out with your fingers once you feel like it's faded out. 

Here's my face with the product on. I tried to put only a thin layer of it so I just look a little flushed and to just get that healthy glow on the face rather than making my cheeks stand out. It looks really subtle and in this picture, as if I did not put any at all.


So I had this look for a whole day until 8 in the evening a total of 12 hours. I did have to reapply the blush after 8 hours since I kept blotting my face cause of the oiliness. But this blush definitely makes it to one of my go to products for lazy days.

Unfortunately, this product is only available in Sephora, so it's not available locally. But you can go on ahead and purchase it online, or have your relatives, or friends who're travelling abroad buy it for you if you like it.

So what do you think of this look? It's a pretty lazy make-up look and I do think it's perfect for this summer weather. Just switch the BB cream to something with more oil control and spf or apply a primer with oil control and spf and you're good to go.

Cheers,
LIZ

2 comments:

  1. I like the look. Very low-key, easy and lightweight especially for this weather. I really just want to use sunblock and lip balm because I can't be bothered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks CJ! When I'm SUPER LAZY about fixing my face, I just put on BB cream with high SPF and draw in my brows.

      Delete