Monday, June 21, 2010

Maybelline Volum' Express Cat Eyes Mascara

What Maybelline promises:




What we think

Dawn: This product’s unique wand can coat all your upper and lower lashes superbly! I love the waterproof formula and the lasting power is incredible, and it is not a pain in the ass to remove. I am impressed – I have always been a fan of Maybelline’s mascaras and have never strayed away from the brand (my first was Lash Discovery!) and Volum’ Express Hypercurl Cat Eyes is my favorite!

Trace: I don’t know if Maybelline’s wild promises are true – why in the world will wear my mascara for 18 hours anyway? – but I am happy with this one. It’s way better than my former favorite mascara (Fasio’s Power-Stay Mascara 3D+air tech), which is a herculean task to remove and is sadly phased out in the Philippines. It holds the curl very well, affordable, smudges only slightly during horrendously humid weather. Cheap too, considering that mascaras should only be kept for 3-4 months before throwing away. Since I am anal with eye makeup - having had glasses, contacts and lasik eye surgery - this works for me. Almost my HG mascara!

Product Information
• Costs only PhP 429 @ Maybelline outlets nationwide. For bang for your buck, get one during sales or using your Belle du Jour’s 10% off promo for Watson’s for 2010.

Let the pictures speak for themselves.


Bare eyes

 
Concealed and Lashes Curled


One wild coat


Tightlined eyes (which means lining the underside of the upper lashes)



PS. This post is inspired by The Makeup Den’s makeup tip on maintaining mascara. Check her out!

2 comments:

  1. very nice! I have the same mascara,and it works wonders for me as well. Great review,will follow your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great to hear! We both love this one, and we recommend all our friends to buy this one :) Thank you for following! - Trace

    ReplyDelete