Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Review : Prestige Cosmetics Universal Brow Styler Waterproof Eyebrow Pencil

Hey guys!

Sharing a short review of one of the products that I was able to get in a very affordable price. I do like to bargain hunt and if I find something good, the feeling of scoring it becomes even better. Anyway, here the main topic for today's post:

Prestige Cosmetics Universal Brow Styler Waterproof Eyebrow Pencil



I bought this on a discount for PhP 243.25 from PhP 695.00 at Beauty Bar.


Info from the brand's website:


WHAT IT IS 


This ultra-fine and precise automatic brow liner comes in one, universal shade that works for any hair color and skin tone! Use our mechanical Universal Brow Styler browliner to define and fill in your brows, then use the built in spoolie brush to blend it all out. Brows on fleek!


HOW TO USE


Define brow shape by gently creating hair-like strokes to your brows with this brow pencil. Fill in and shape for a perfectly defined brow. Use the brush side of pencil to gently brush brow hairs up and blend out if needed. Best of all, our retractable brow liners never need sharpening!


INGREDIENTS: Diisostearyl Malate, Triethylhexanoin, C20-40 Acid,Synthetic Wax, C20-40 Alcohols, Polyethylene, Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Ethylene/Propylene Copolymer, Mica, Ethylcellulose, Boron Nitride, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate. MAY CONTAIN [+/-]: Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491 / CI 77492 / CI 77499, Mica CI 77019.


A universal shade for every eyebrow? That sounds toooooo good to be true. I was skeptic at first because my brow hairs are quite thick and dark and finding the right brow pencil shade can be difficult. I was really curious and since it was on sale, I thought that maybe it's worth a shot so that I can see first hand if the claim is true.

First off, the packaging. 
The pencil itself is very thin. Thinner than your average makeup pencil. It gives a sleek image because of it. The dual end is also a nice touch because it's already a two-in-one product since the spoolie can help with the blending.

The spoolie is a nice touch since it makes the product a great travel buddy!

Since it's so thin, it gets used up faster than your usual eyebrow pencil. The good thing about it is you can create thinner lines with it and just build up if you plan to make full brows.

Here's how it performs on my brows:

bare brows

with the product

I am surprised at how it worked with my brows. And I can actually see this working well with people who have blonde and brown hair... even platinum! I'm not too sure with redheads though, but this is nice!


I brought it with me during my trip to Thailand and even under the heat (it's hotter there than in Manila!!!), my brows were in place during days of touring. It even stayed pretty well with only a bit of fading when we went partying during Songkran! It's a really good brow pencil that works well considering how oily my skin is.

So what do I LIKE about the product:
- I'm still skeptical with the "universal" claim but it does fit many
- waterproof! Stayed in place during Songkran! Wooot!
- Easy to use and no need to sharpen
- Travel buddy because it also has a spoolie 
- Easy to blend and well pigmented
- No harsh lines
- Can create natural looking brow

What I am NEUTRAL about:
- Regular price is more expensive than the usual brow products I use

What I DON'T LIKE:- The amount of the product is too small. I can finish a pencil in a month or even less.

Overall, I'm satisfied with the product. It was able to meet most, if not all, of its claims. I would recommend it if someone is interested in trying it out.

And that's all for this review! I hope you find this interesting and helpful!


Cheers,
DAWN



No comments:

Post a Comment