Wednesday, May 08, 2019

Kat Von D Lock-it Concealer in Light 18

Hello dears!

I'm just sharing a short review of this product. I've been meaning to write this for a long time and when I finally decided to work on it, I learned that it was DISCONTINUED! Oh well. The review is pretty much useless now since it's not available in the market anymore, BUT I think that since there's a stick version that replaces this, then this post will be like a journal entry that I can go back to if ever I buy the new version and compare it with this one. So yeah, here's my short review of the...


Kat Von D Lock-it Concealer in Light 18



When I bought this at Sephora PH, it's PhP 1,425.00 but got it at 60% off. Kinda pricey for me but since it promises strong coverage, it might be worth it and the discount made the decision easy for me at that time.


I haven't tried any of the Kat Von D face makeup yet so I guessed my shade. Good thing that Light 18 blends well on my skin!

Before I proceed with my review, here's the product info on the labels:



Info from the website


Exercise your right to conceal and reveal whatever, whenever!
Our high-pigment formula covers anything you don’t want the world to see—blemishes, redness, dark circles, ahem, hickeys—so you can go undercover with confidence! Lightweight yet hard workin’, this magic potion concealer locks onto skin to totally camouflage what lies beneath, revealing just smooth, even matte perfection! Lock-It’s signature 24-hour wear means no touch-ups necessary!
#VeganAlert!

100% Cruelty Free Forever!
"No one has to see what you don't want them to see!”—Kat Von D

Traveling with limited space for your beauty arsenal? This concealer can do also double duty as foundation!


What attracted me to get this is the high pigmentation and long wear claim. Since I have acne scar problems, I always look for concealers with good coverage. I've only used a handful of products from the brand, mostly eye makeup, and I like most of them so I was looking forward to trying this out.


The packaging is simple. It's in a transparent tube which makes you see the shade easily. The design is the classic gothic Kat Von D look. It's light to carry, and as mentioned in the product info, it's a travel-friendly product because it claims to double as a high pigmented foundation too. Just make sure you carry it inside a well-protected case because a tube is easy to get squished and get spilled if your travel bag is packed.

Here's how the product looks. It's thick and creamy.

I like that the shade is warm to neutral so it blends easy to my skin tone. The scent is barely noticeable too.

I usually either a flat brush or a beauty blender for blending and it's pretty easy to blend to skin.

Here's the product in action:
Bare under eye

With the concealer on under eye

Face with light foundation where you can still see some acne scars.

When acne scars are covered with the concealer.

As you can see, it works really well with covering the dark areas of my under eyes as well as the acne scars. You only need a bit of product to cover my problems although I still have acne scars that are darker, usually at the neck area that needs building up the concealer. Good thing this concealer is buildable.

I would say that this concealer is not that lightweight when you wear it. It's still easy to blend, but I prefer concealers that don't feel as thick (though I've used thicker ones). But in the end, I still feel comfortable wearing it.

However, I notice that there are times that it cakes, unfortunately. Since I suffer with acne-prone skin, I use a lot of acids to get rid of them and the scars and this leads to some skin flaking. I also have dehydrated skin but I remedy it with frequent masks and ultra-moisturizing products and lots of drinking water, but this product still cakes on my skin after a long time of wearing (around 6 hours before it happens).

Overall, it's a good product but I've used better ones. Now that it's discontinued, I do hope that the new version is better. I'll see if I can get my hands on it so I can compare although I still have some concealers I have yet to review so that will take a while. Haha!

Anyway, that's all for this post! I hope this was still informative.


Cheers,
DAWN


No comments:

Post a Comment