Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Review : Belo Intensive Whitening BB Cream

Hello loves!

It's been a while since I last ordered at Sample Room. A couple of weeks ago, I remembered that I used to check their samples out regularly. And so, I visited their website and I looked at their selections if theres a product that I would like to try. I didn't have much points so I stayed away from brands that are expensive. As I was browsing, one product caught my eye... 

'
Belo Intensive Whitening BB Cream

Why? First, it's a BB Cream with SPF 50 and p++++. Since it is summer, I thought it would be a good everyday base for my face. Another reason is that it's within the sample points I have. Lastly, the sample I would get is the full-size product!

I ordered it along with an Olay soap. After only a couple of days, the package arrived to my doorstep! Awesome quick delivery!


I was surprised that the product I received not only contained the BB cream, but also a whitening soap! A nice duo to help lighten skin, especially if you've been exposed too long under the sun due to the summer season (hello beach!).


The duo creates a good combo as seen on the info at the back of the box. The soap helps you whiten skin, while the BB cream helps to protect skin from the sun while it conceals blemishes and evens skin. The BB cream also claims to help whiten skin as well! See info below for more details.

Info on the back of the tube:

Info from the website:

This product for the face even out skin tone with its Tone Correcting Formula, leaving a flawless natural finish. It uses the powerful combination of Kojic Acid + Tranexamic Acid that is clinically proven to whiten 64% better than products that use Kojic Acid alone. It has SPF 50 and PA++++ that protect skin against age-accelerating UV rays.

Info from Sample Room:
Belo Intensive Whitening BB Cream delivers that instant flawless no makeup look as your skin whitens over time.
Its Tone Correcting formula evens out skin tone and conceals skin imperfections like scars, fine lines, and wrinkles.  Even better, it has the power of Kojic Acid and Tranexamic Acid that over time improves skin clarity, whitens your complexion, and reduces the appearance of stubborn dark spots.
Belo Intensive Whitening BB Cream is also rated SPF 50 & PA++++, protecting your skin against age-accelerating UV rays.

Directions: Use it alone to instantly cover blemishes and imperfections, or layer it under your favorite foundation or powder.

FULL SIZE: 50ml
PRICE: PHP 349.75


The packaging, design-wise is pretty okay. It looks professional because of the fonts and the pearl finish, but it gives a bold and fun vibe because of the orange and the metallic cap. The material is a plastic tube that's easy to squeeze out the product. The nozzle is small so you can control the amount you dispense.

This is the product.

At first I thought that it's pretty light and I was hoping that it was warmer in tone. It says "medium to deep" on the label so I thought that it would be darker in shade. It's not much of a deal because I still think its pretty close to my shade at first glance.

When I lightly spread it, I noticed how lightweight it was. It feels like a mousse-cream combo. No stickiness at all.

When blended on skin, it was very sheer. It reminds me of tinted moisturizers.

See how it performs on my face below:

Your left: Bare face
Your right: With the BB Cream

There was barely any difference actually. It somehow lessen the redness, but the blemish marks are still very visible. I do appreciate, however, the matte natural finish it leaves.

I still use concealer when I wear this to work. It can last the whole day, but do take note that I stay in an air-conditioned room most of the time. The product doesn't help in controlling oil though. I need to blot after 3-4 hours to remove the shine off my face. 

I didn't encounter any breakouts nor irritations so far and I can't comment yet if it did help whiten my skin. I haven't seen any difference yet.

What I LIKE:
- Locally available (Pinoy made)
- Affordable
- SPF50 and pa++++
- Natural, matte finish
- Lightweight
- Smells good
- Packaging is okay
- Easy to blend

What I DON'T LIKE:
- This is just me, but I like coverage. It doesn't have to have a heavy one but I would appreciate a bit of concealing. I find this too sheer.

Would I buy again? I don't think so. Like I said, I appreciate some coverage. If you do have good skin, then this might be a good buy for you. The SPF is high enough for a daily sunscreen (I do advise a higher SPF of you'll be outside a long while).

And that's my review of the 
Belo Intensive Whitening BB Cream! :)


Cheers,
DAWN



No comments:

Post a Comment