Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Schwarzkopf Bonacure Hairtherapy Amino Cell Rebuild Moisture Kick Recharger

Good evening ladies,

As promised, here is my review of the freebie conditioner/treatment product I got from Vivere Salon.


The Schwarzkopf Bonacure Hairtherapy Amino Cell Rebuild Moisture Kick Recharger (phew... that was long...) was given to me as a freebie when I purchased their shampoo + conditioner deal. As what they told me, it's a treatment and conditioner which was highly recommended for treated hair.

I am not sure if I heard it wrong or what but I initially thought it was a leave on conditioner/mousse because on my first try I applied it directly onto my hair and did not wash afterwards. Needless to say, it did nothing to soften or make my hair silky smooth.


The second time I used it, since I was going to put it up for review, I took pictures and I saw the instructions for use. After browsing it ended up rushing back to the bathroom to rinse my hair properly.


Anyway, so the product is mousse-like and smells fantastic. After shampooing you apply it on your towel-dried hair and rinse off after 5 to 10 minutes.


Since the product is mousse-like it's a little tricky to spread evenly over the whole of your hair. However, the good thing is, it doesn't feel greasy or too silky when you start rinsing it out.

After use, my hair does feel less gritty when I comb my fingers through it. Dawn commented, it's not as moisturizing and by the looks of my hair after drying, I do agree. Sorry that I don't have any photos up to compare my hair before and after... I did take pictures but the before was too blurry to even do any justice to the after.

Anyway, the product does have staying power as compared to conventional conditioners. My hair usually feels very rough when it gets wet then smooths out after conditioning. The next day's shower after using this product, I noticed that my hair felt pretty soft to the touch, so I guess that's why they said it was pretty much like a treatment also.

One peculiar thing we noticed, was that on drying, our hair looked curly/wavy. Dawn's curls looked more pronounced and my usually straight flat hair had small curls/wave around the tips. We think this product would be more suitable for people with curls than for people with dyed hair.

As for the packaging, as much as I like the whole mousse idea, the bottle is very very slim and does not make this product ideal for everyday use. Also, another thing that makes it bad for everyday use is its price. This product is around 1k+ in amount so it's pretty expensive.

I don't think I'll be buying one anytime soon. Maybe I'll think about buying it when I get my hair curled one day but as of now, I won't be replenishing my stash once it runs out.

So that's it for this short review. Hope this helps you out.

Cheers,
LIZ

2 comments:

  1. Oh this is interesting. I'm still looking for a product similar to the Etude House Silk Scarf Hair mist. I really love that stuff. I just find it a bit pricey since the bottle is just too small for the price.

    Random Beauty by Hollie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hollie!

      Yeah this is really pricey and I was only able to make it last by using it VERY sparingly. Anyway, I'll give that Etude House Silk Scarf Hair mist a try when I shop there.

      -Liz

      Delete