Monday, May 07, 2018

Review : Maybelline Fashion Brow 2-in-1 Brow Shaping pencil in Dark Brown



Hi loves!

Since "Kilay is life," it would be awesome if we have affordable brow products that are very affordable. 


Maybelline Fashion Brow 2-in-1 Brow Shaping pencil in Dark Brown


I bought this for PhP 149.00.
I was looking for a handy brow pencil that is easy to carry around when I travel. What I like about this is that it is already equipped with a spoolie brush and it's so affordable!

Info on the packaging:






Info from the website:

The first angle tip-pencil to frame and fill for perfectly-shaped brows.

WHAT IT IS
New brow perfection! Brows are shaped and defined with impeccable precision.

BENEFITS
This natural wax pencil creates fine, hair-like strokes while the grooming brush blends and softens for a natural finish. Pencil tip has an edge side to precisely frame brows, and a slanted side to fill in color and shape the tail. 

HOW TO USE / APPLY
Step 1. Draw small, light strokes along the brow contour. 
Step 2. Use the brush to groom hairs upward and outward to blend color and set brows.

Ingredients

AQUA / WATER / EAU
STYRENE/ACRYLATES/AMMONIUM METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER
ALCOHOL DENAT.
BUTYLENE GLYCOL
ACRYLAMIDE/SODIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYLTAURATE COPOLYMER
ISOHEXADECANE
PROPYLENE GLYCOL
PHENOXYETHANOL
CAPRYLYL GLYCOL
AMMONIUM POLYACRYLDIMETHYLTAURAMIDE / AMMONIUM POLYACRYLOYLDIMETHYL TAURATE
NYLON-12
POLYSORBATE 80
STEARETH-20
SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE
SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE
SORBITAN OLEATE
DISODIUM EDTA
PANTHENOL
TETRASODIUM EDTA
POTASSIUM SORBATE
SILICA


[+/- MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR
MICA
CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES
CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE
CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES
CI 75470 / CARMINE
CI 77742 / MANGANESE VIOLET
CI 77510 / FERRIC FERROCYANIDE 

Available in Dark Brown, Brown, and Light Brown.


As I mentioned, the product is dual-ended—one end is the pencil and the other is the spoolie. This eyebrow pencil needs to be sharpened so if you like pointed pencils to create hair-like strokes, you might need to sharpen constantly. The pencil is longer than most drugstore eyebrow pencils so that's a good thing.


For me, I have thick brows so I use brow pencils to fill in some of the gaps I have on my eyebrows. I don't mind it if the pencil isn't sharp. 


The spoolie is very handy in blending the product. I always need a spoolie to make the lines not as bold and look more natural.

Here are the swatches:
on the back of my hand

And here's how I wear it:
Bare brows

with the product

So as you can see, half of my brows is thick and clumped together while the outer half is a bit separated. I fill that with the product and blend it with the spoolie.

What I like about this product is once you blend it, it will look sort of natural and not the sharp, bold kind of lines. Without blending, it can be a bit waxy and can make my brow hair stick together, so the spoolie is my best friend here. But if you don't have thick brows, then I think you wouldn't encounter this as much.

It's pretty easy to use (if you compare it to pomades and brow powders) since it's like using a writing pencil so it's something I would recommend for people who are new to makeup.

It has a decent staying power, but I do prime and set my makeup so even with my oily skin, it stays the whole day. I haven't encounter breakouts nor irritations too.

So to summarize this review:

What I LIKE:
- Affordable at PhP 149.00
- Equipped with a spoolie
- Available in 3 shades
- Locally available
- Decent staying power
- No breakouts nor irritations
- Good travel buddy
- Easy to use

What I'm NEUTRAL about:
- Need to be sharpened

What I DON'T LIKE:
- It's not really a con since I can work with this shade, but I wish they have a grey brown because that looks better on me because I have really black brows. With this I usually add a brow mascara to my look.


Would I buy again?
Sure I would. I do like it. Hopefully they introduce more shades though!

And that's all for my review! I hope that it's helpful!


Cheers,
DAWN





No comments:

Post a Comment