Wednesday, March 07, 2018

Holika Holika Eye Metal Glitter in Stellar Dust and Rose Burst

Hello loves!

I love things that are shiny and sparkly so it's no question that I'll be drawn to getting these super sparkly eyeshadows from Holika Holika when I saw the graphic ads on the brand's Instagram page. And so, I bought two shades of the Eye Metal Glitter at their SM San Lazaro branch last December.

Holika Holika Eye Metal Glitter in Stellar Dust and Rose Burst



These are PhP 595.00 each.

Just want to do a quick shout out to the sales associate at the SM San Lazaro branch. I can't remember her name though. She's so friendly and easy to talk to and knows the products she sells very well! :)

A couple of weeks before I bought this, my sister raved about a similar product from Stila. I was so envious about it because I want glittery things and long-lasting eyeshadows. But as much as I wanted one, I was resisting the urge to spend that much for an eyeshadow. I keep saying I already have enough eyeshadows just to stop myself from getting another. But when I saw that Holika Holika has one that is considered a more affordable dupe of the Stila, I couldn't resist anymore! Thus, I went to one of their branches and bought not just one, but two!!! Hahahaha!

Let's get to know the product first...


Info from the website:

Benefits:

- Liquid
- Metallic
- Glittery
- Quickly drying

Glitter eye shadow with a metallic effect creates a light cover with a spectacular, glamorous glow. With a flat, fluffy applicator liquid eye shadow glides effortlessly on to eyelids for a lightweight, long-lasting shimmer. It provides fast fixation after application of liquid shadows, quick-drying formula. A stable formula prevents from rolling into the folds of the skin. With a water-infused blend of pearl and glitter, it is the ultimate high impact glitter shadow without the weight, drying time or fallout.


Directions: Apply to the skin of the eyelids with a fingertip or an applicator.
Ingredients: Water, Calcium Titanium Borosilicate, Mica (CI 77019), Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Silver, Polysorbate 60, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Polyurethane-11, 1,2-Hexanediol, Propanediol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Carmine (CI 75470), Tin Oxide, Sorbitan Isostearate, t-Butyl Alcohol, Illicium Verum (Anise) Fruit Extract, Aluminum (CI 77000)


I bought Stellar Dust and Rose Burst because they are the only ones available during my visit to their branch at SM San Lazaro. Haha! If all four (Burnt Orange and Fire Work) were available, I might have bought them too! Lol

These are the swatches. Left is Stellar Dust while the right one is Rose Burst.

Stellar Dust is a warm sparkly champagne-gold while Rose Burst is a glittery rose gold shade. The swatches look soooo luxurious! 

They surprisingly feel lightweight and they do dry fast when applied. Since it is liquid, it's easy to blend on the skin.


When blended, the colors will fade to some extent but the bright sparkles are there and they are sticking on the skin quite well. As most reviews online say, the Stila one have stronger color pigments but this one have brighter glitters. I have yet to swatch the Stila ones but the sparkles on this one are super loud and lovely! I like it!

Even when I rub my arm, they product sits still. The staying power is pretty awesome.

Wearing Stellar Dust on top of a gold eyeshadow

You can wear it alone and it takes about 6 hours before I notice some creasing on the lids because of my extreme oily skin (and eye lids). A good primer can help and some extra help with other long-wear eyeshadows. I usually wear it on top of an eyeshadow because I like wearing dramatic eye makeup. I even top it on a powder eyeshadows. Just tap it lightly to add those pretty sparkles to your look.


The Holika Holika Eye Metal Glitter delivers its claims and I'm happy that my sudden purchase gave me what I expected. Yay! 

Do you also like sparkles on your makeup? What are your thoughts on the Holika Holika Eye Metal Glitter?


Cheers,
DAWN




No comments:

Post a Comment