Monday, October 02, 2017

Yves Rocher Fixing Eyelid Primer

Hello dearies!

I like wearing eyeshadows, but having oily lids can easily ruin your eye makeup so I use primers to prolong the makeup wear.

One of the primers I've used is...

Yves Rocher Fixing Eyelid Primer
Regular price is around PhP 600 but bought it for PhP 357.50 (I got it at 40% off). 

 Let's get to know the product first by reading the info on the labels:

Info from the website:

Smoothes eyelids and intensifies eyeshadows colors.
Infused with Camellia oil, the Yves Rocher Fixing Eyelid Primersmoothes, fills wrinkles and fine lines and makes eyeshadows more radiant and last longer. 

Result: Radiant makeup that lasts longer!

The Plus: applied to eyelids on its own, the primer produces a perfecting effect for flawless eyes.

Tested under ophthalmological and dermatological supervision.

0.23 fl. oz. / 7 ml Tube


Ingrédients :cyclopentasiloxane,silica,dimethicone crosspolymer,aqua/water/eau,glycerin,methylpropanediol,bis-peg/ppg-14/14 dimethicone,tocopheryl acetate,disteardimonium hectorite,camellia oleifera seed oil,phenoxyethanol,triethoxycaprylylsilane,tocopherol,pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate,ci 77491/ci 77492 (iron oxides),ci 77891 (titanium dioxide)


The reason I bought it is when I took a swatch, the texture reminded me of primers such as the one from Benefit and Too Faced, but this one is more affordable. It's soft and smooth with very little stickiness that help bind the eyeshadow pigment better.


I also like that it has this yellowish tint to it. It sort of gives a sheer coverage and acts as a primary base so that the colors added next will pop better.


It blended easily on skin so there's no worry that you might tug the skin around the eye area. We don't want that, especially since that area is very sensitive and prone to wrinkles.

On the photo above, I put two swatches. The left without the primer, the right with primer.
I intentionally got an eyeshadow that's not chalky but still not so pigmented to see how good this primer is in making the pigments stick together to create a more colorful finish.

As seen on the photo, it clearly did its job of intensifying the color. It's darker and fuller.

I tried smudging the eye shadow off lightly and got this result. Both swatches are still there but the one with the primer barely moved.

When I smudged it heavily, both were mostly removed but the one with primer is more visible.

But when water is involved, both were completely removed. I didn't expect that it would stay because I doubt that it would be waterproof. They don't claim that anyway. I just wanted to test it. Haha!

This primer does an awesome job making the lids look and feel smooth. It's a good base that makes your eyeshadow look more intense. It does prolong the eyeshadow wear, but on me, it can only last for a good 2-3 hours before it starts to crease. I have very oily lids and I will need better primers if I want an all-day wear. 

I partner this with a glittery and long-lasting cream nude eye shadow then top it with powder eyeshadows (in combinations that I like depending on the look I'm going for). In short, this and the cream shadow became my base/primer. This combination can stay all day without creasing.

And that's my short review of the Yves Rocher Fixing Eyelid Primer!


Cheers,
DAWN



No comments:

Post a Comment