Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Shiseido Maquillage True Liquid Look Keep UV OC 20

Hey dears!

I usually do not buy high-end products without browsing makeup reviews because I find them pricey and I want to make sure I get my money's worth. But for this particular product that I'll be sharing with you, I had no idea how it will perform on my skin. I just bought it because... ummm... if you know me, you probably know why... it was on sale. Haha!

Shiseido Macquillage True Liquid Look Keep UV OC 20

I haven't had the chance to try much products from Shiseido but I really want to try their skincare line. It's still above my budget so for now I settle with their discounted products. 

Since I have oily skin, this product was something that I was particularly interested to try. Melting makeup has been something I've been experiencing because of excess oil and since this product's name says "long keep," it may probably work on me.


Product info from the website:

Byebye touchup!
Stay looking pore and shine free with this impeccably thin foundation.

The new gel-liquid foundation infused with beauty essence that tightly fits your skin.
Skin stays poreless and shine-free looking, fresh as your morning face all day long.
Create a “born-with-beautiful-skin” finish.


Available in 2 shades
OC10 - Natural light ocher
OC20 - Natural ocher

The secret to touchup-free finish: Sebum Target Powder
Oils beneficial for skin are kept while excessive oils are absorbed and solidified. Our liquid foundation and makeup are now enhanced with the latest technology that absorbs and solidifies excessive sebum yet helps your skin retain good oils so it stays moisturized for easy application.
Sebum Target Powder absorbs and solidifies sebum to keep the finish perfect and even for hours.

It's equipped with a sponge. I like that it's firm enough that it's easy to use. It creates a smooth finish. However, I like using a makeup brush for application because it's faster to use and doesn't use too much of the product (sponges tend to absorb more product).

The foundation is housed in a tube type packaging. I like how convenient this is because you only have to squeeze it out. The design is simple, which is the usual case when it comes to Japanese products. I find it too simple though but I do appreciate the engraved "Maquillage" at the metallic gold cap.

Here's how the product looks like. I think Natural Ochre shade is the best for my skin. It's slightly lighter than my face color but will eventually blend when it sets.

What I immediately noticed is how light it feels even though it has a medium, buildable coverage. The scent is minimal, barely noticeable.

When you blend it, its finish looks like skin. It doesn't sink  to the lines of my skin.

Here's how it looks on my face:
Left: Bare skin
Right: With the product

The coverage is pretty good and what I really like is the finish. It doesn't look flat and it minimized the appearance of my pores. I like how lightweight it feels as well and I appreciate that it has SPF 30 and PA+++.

But does it really help in controlling oil? A big YES! I noticed that even during our lunch break in the office, my face isn't shiny as usual. Even without primer. I think it takes about six hours before my face gets oily and desperately in need of blotting. I usually get that shiny within three to four hours when I use my usual medium-high coverage foundations.

The only thing that I do not like is that I have minimal creasing around the sides of my nose. Other than that, this is a very good product for people with oily skin like me.


Have you tried the Shiseido Maquillage True Liquid Look Keep UV? What about their other face products?



Cheers,
DAWN




No comments:

Post a Comment