Friday, July 22, 2016

L.A. Girls Matte Flat Finish Pigment Gloss in Frisky

Hello dears!

I've been a makeup enthusiast for years and other than a good foundation, good brow product, and a good mascara; the other product that I should always, ALWAYS have in my makeup stash is a red matte lipstick. I already have a couple of that from MAC but since the liquid lipstick craze is getting bigger and bigger, I thought that I should also have a red liquid matte lipstick. And well, I accidentally got it from the brand L.A. Girls...

L.A. Girls Matte Flat Finish Pigment Gloss in Frisky

I got it for PhP 349.00 at the department store of SM San Lazaro.

I mentioned that I got this by accident. The story is, I was looking for a dark lipstick that I can try and my eyes caught the lips of the SA from L.A. Girls. I asked what lip product she was wearing because it was like a deep mulberry shade and she gave me this one. I was doubtful because it's so red... but hey, I did ask and this is what she said she used so I gave her the benefit of the doubt... unfortunately, when I got home and tried it out, the lipstick's shade is a bold, cool-toned, red lipstick. I like this shade but I already have lipsticks in this color. Oh well.

Info on the packaging:

Info from the website:

Matte Pigment Gloss

Blurring the lines between lipstick and lip gloss, Matte Pigment Gloss has already become a favorite of makeup artists, blogger and fans. These 16 bold shades provide rich, intense color in a flat finish for all day wear. The long wearing formula goes on as a high pigmented liquid and dries to a flat matte finish. Leaving lips colored in gorgeous velvety perfection that last and lasts.

There are 16 shades available (from the website).


Anyway, it's a red, blue-toned matte lipstick... pretty close to MAC's Ruby Woo. The packaging is a clear tube. I actually like the design because it's quite edgy and sexy, but still simple and can still be considered classy.

That is the applicator. It can carry enough product to cover both lips.

Swatch on hand


Swatch on lips

It's very pigmented and the finish is indeed matte. The texture is just a bit buttery at first but it dries pretty quickly. It doesn't transfer much like on your cup when you drink. It also lasts a long time, even the whole day when I wear it. 


The shade suits my warm skin tone as well and I think I'd like to try other shades from the brand since it's actually quite affordable.

The only downside is, well, it's drying... but that's actually something usual when it comes to matte lip products.

And that's all that I can say about this product. What are your thoughts on this? Which shade do you like most? What brand of liquid lipstick do you use?


Cheers,
DAWN



4 comments:

  1. That color is gorgeous! A true red! Suits you really well :)

    GeccaGrancisco

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't tried, but it looks nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That shade looks great on you!

    I love how pigmented it is as well. Good thing it doesn't transfer to other things because that's exactly what type of lipstick I need right now hahaha :P thanks for the review!

    http://tabachui.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. the color suits you.. =)
    how long does it last, tho?

    ReplyDelete