Thursday, May 12, 2016

Lancome Color Design

Good evening ladies,

Tonight I want to share with you my aunt's gifts to me, three of Lancome's Color Design Eye Shadows. The collection has around 68 colors which range from really light nudes to colorful ones.


Here are the ingredients:

TALC, MAGNESIUM STEARATE, TRIISOSTEARIN, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, NYLON-12, CALCIUM ALUMINUM BOROSILICATE, CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE, DIMETHICONE, SILICA, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, ALUMINA, SYNTHETIC WAX, POLYETHYLENE TEREPHTHALATE, CETYL DIMETHICONE, ISOBUTYLPARABEN, METHYLPARABEN, PHENOXYETHANOL, PROPYLPARABEN, ETHYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN; [+/- MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR: CI 19140/YELLOW 5 LAKE, CI 42090/BLUE 1 LAKE, CI 75470/CARMINE, CI 77000/ALUMINUM POWDER, CI 77007/ULTRAMARINES, CI 77163/BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE, CI 77288/CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS, CI 77289/CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN, CI 77510/FERRIC AMMONIUM FERROCYANIDE, CI 77510/FERRIC FERROCYANIDE, CI 77742/MANGANESE VIOLET, CI 77891/TITANIUM DIOXIDE, CI 77947/ZINC OXIDE, MICA].
(Source: http://www.lancome-usa.com/Color-Design/990689,default,pd.html)

Let's start with the darkest color, Mannequin




Comments: I love shimmer eye shadow that have very fine glitters/shimmer and this is one of them. The color is not too dark when you apply it and is build-able. It's easy to blend as well.

Next is the midtone, Kitten heel.




Comments: Same comment as above, although the color is too thin. I don't really see how much of a difference even after a second application. The color may improve if there was a lid primer but since I don't have that now, I cannot attest to it. I think this color will be better for those with fairer skin tone.




Comments: This color is the farthest from the one posted in their website. I am not a big fan of it though because after I applied it since it hardly showed. It would be a good base. It may be a great eye shadow for when you're trying a pin-up girl look. 


Here's the swatch of the color on my arm, and since the back part of my forearm is lighter than my lids, I guess I am right with Kitten Heel looking better on a person with fairer skin.


Here's the swatch on paper.


I super love this packaging. It's super convenient, you just slide the cover and you're ready to go.

So what do you think of these colors? Share your thoughts and comments below regarding this product.

Cheers,
LIZ

4 comments:

  1. I've tried some of their shadows through palettes and I really like the texture and payoff of the shimmery shades. Kitten heel looks great, I would love that shade!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it too, just that I'm not too great at working with light shades... the lighting in my room is not very helpful with that as well. :)

      -Liz

      Delete
  2. I love the two lighter shades! Not sure about the payoff though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it the pay-off is ok and could do better with a primer. I'm just not too good with using light shades. :)

      -Liz

      Delete