Monday, September 21, 2015

Review : Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream

Hello loves!

It's the start of a new week! And this week is a little special because my birthday is in it. I really hope that it would be much better than last week because I was feeling tired and sleepy at work everyday last week. And yesterday, I had a headache that lasted the whole day. Good thing that I felt a whole lot better this morning. :) 

Oh! There is a threat of a low pressure area entering the Philippine Area of Responsibility. I'm hoping that it will not develop into a typhoon and it won't mess any of my plans for my birthday. Haha! :P That ends my health and weather report. LOL

Anyway, I hope you are all doing well today! :)

For now, I'll post a review of this CC Cream my sister gave me. I think some of you might be interested to try this because I really think it's good and even Liz liked it a lot when she tried it.

Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream


The shade I have is No. 33 Beige Rosé.
I'm not sure how much my sister bought this but this is £9.99 (PhP 722.69) if you buy it at Boots online.


Info from the website:

The next generation of foundation! Combining:
THE COLOUR CORRECTION OF A FOUNDATION:

Thanks to its 3 colour correcting pigments that smooth away imperfections

. APRICOT pigments > anti-fatigue
. GREEN pigments > anti-redness
. WHITE pigments > anti-dark spots
+ THE SKINCARE ACTION OF A CREAM:

24 hr hydration
SPF 15

Result: luminous complexion & flawless skin in one step.

Tested for you!*

91% of women agreed that:
Their complexion is perfectly evened out
Their dark spots are concealer
Their skin is left flawless

*User test on 33 women for 21 days
And what’s more? Good for my skin!
-Non-oily lightweight formula
- Enriched with invigorating white tea extracts


Additional info from the Boots website:


Available in 4 shades

How to Use

STEP 1: Colour correct your complexion

Apply Bourjois' 123 Perfect Colour Correcting cream onto the centre of your face and blend outwards towards the jawline. Its lightweight texture easily glides onto your skin for a smooth application. Its 3 colour correcting pigments give a fresh and luminous result with SPF 15 and 24hr hydration.

STEP 2: Conceal, brighten & hydrate your eyes

Apply Bourjois' 123 Perfect Colour Correcting Eye concealer to the under-eye area to illuminate and smooth any lines or wrinkles. Gently blend into your foundation base using your fingertips.


Ingredients

AQUA (WATER), CAPRYLYL METHICONE, DIMETHICONE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, METHYL TRIMETHICONE, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, PROPANEDIOL, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, SACCHARIDE ISOMERATE, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM CHLORIDE, BIS-PEG/PPG-14/14 DIMETHICONE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), PROPYLENE CARBONATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, PANTHENOL, SILICA, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, LYSOLECITHIN, CITRIC ACID, SODIUM CITRATE, AMYL CINNAMAL, BHT, PEG/PPG-18/18 DIMETHICONE, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, PANTOLACTONE, PHENETHYL ALCOHOL, TOCOPHEROL, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE.

[+/- (MAY CONTAIN): CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), MICA, CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES), CI 77288 (CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS)].


And now, on to the review! :3

This is what the CC Cream looks like. The consistency is creamy but feels very light on skin. 


But this product's creaminess is not thick... I can't really describe it better than it's not thick but not runny. Anyway, it's pretty easy to spread on skin.

I think the light beige shade would look better on me because the Rose Beige is a bit darker than my skin but I can fix that easily with a lighter shade of powder. And I like that the shade is warm so it suits my skin tone.

Here's my bare face.

This is my face with one layer of the product applied. I apply this using a wet beauty blender.

And with a lighter shade of powder and the rest of my makeup.

The coverage of this CC Cream is medium and it can be build up if you need better coverage. It took care of covering the light pimple scars and redness around my nose area. I can easily say that this product can deliver when it comes to their promise to cover dark spots and redness. Although would I rather use concealer for my very dark pimple scars than to pile up too much of the product.

The finish is semi-matte. I say this because it simply looks matte but not flat! It looks very natural on my skin.

Lasting power is pretty decent (about 8 hours on me when I use it alone) but it can last the whole day with the right primer and loose powder. It also helps in oil control—It takes around 4-5 hours before my face gets oily (I have very oily skin). If you have dry skin, better to fully moisturize your face. If you have prepped your skin well, then you won't experience caking with this on. So yeah, the "hydration" it provides is not enough for every skin type. Those with dry skin need more for sure.

As you can see, I don't have negative thoughts on the CC cream itself...  the tube though could be made better because with just a slight squeeze and you might get too much of the product out. And design-wise, it's not so appealing. :P

What I LIKE:
- Medium Coverage, it's buildable too
- Easy to spread
- Lightweight
- Lasts long
- Controls oil
- Natural finish
- Affordable
- Light Beige and Rose Beige shades are warm
- Mildly scented

What I am NEUTRAL ABOUT
- It has SPF15, it's nice that it has SPF but I think that's too low, I still apply sunscreen underneath.
- I think the hydration it provides is not enough for those with dry skin

What I DON'T LIKE:
- Not locally available
- Packaging could have been done better


Would I repurchase?
I don't think I will as much as I liked this product. I think I've used better ones and I'm willing to try more. When it comes to foundations, CCs and BBs, I only repurchase when they are considered HG material.

And that's my review! Hope this was helpful!

Have a great week ahead, everyone! :)


Cheers,
DAWN


12 comments:

  1. Nice! I think it's a good match for you actually. Just a tiny tiny bit darker. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the shade looks so close to my skin color... until it oxidizes. It becomes a tone or two too dark.

      Delete
  2. is a brand which interests me a lot. I've heard of good reviews about this and their foundations :) Sana they open in the Philippines soon :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. the colors suits you but I also agree that there are much better cream out there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dawn, what cc creams do you consider as HG material? I have long accepted that bb creams are not for me (too thick and oily). Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I haven't tried a CC cream that I think I would consider as HG. :( Most of the face makeup I consider as HG are foundations. :(

      Delete
  5. I've been wanting to try this. I wonder why they didn't go for a pump bottle na lang, like their other foundations. Perhaps because Chanel CC Cream is also in a tube?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I wish that it was in a bottle instead. Most CC's are all in tubes... well, most BB's as well... maybe that's just the way they market these products? :P

      Delete
  6. I wish we have Bourjois here in the Philippines. I heard it's also difficult to find in the US. :'( Their foundation is one of the most raved products in youtube. huhuhu.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish for that too. Now that you mention it, I don't remember seeing the brand much when I was in the US for a visit. Anyway, I love their Healthy Mix foundation. ;)

      Delete