Neither have I ever been fond of any specific shade of lipstick, nor have received so many compliments about my pout (from friends, students, teachers, and relatives online and in person)... Until now.
Regardless of lighting and mood, a bright fuchsia just manages to flatter my face and catch attention!
|Natural lighting (sitting right beside a huge window) |
@ a coffee shop early afternoon
|Indoors at night @ a party|
where my professor asked me what
lipstick I'm using so he can buy
thes same shade for his wife!
|At the department office, |
under ugly fluorescent lights
- Since the color itself is shocking, get ready to bring out your white and black tops. Loud prints will look weird and awkward when sporting this shade. I've been wearing my plains over and over, and I bought 3 more over the week, because of my fascination with fuchsia!
- Exfoliate your lips. I'm using C. O. Bigelow's Mentha Lip Buffer in Peppermint (yum)!
- Since I like my lips matte or semi-matte - because gloss over my full pout will make me look like a, uhm, slutty goldfish - I moisturize with a non-petroleum based balm. I've discovered that the classic Nivea Creme (in the vintage blue tin) gives you that smooth surface without the shine. (Congratulations, BTW, to Nivea for celebrating 100 years --- catch on Facebook! Can I just say that I really like this brand!)
- Softly line and fill your lips with lip pencil to avoid bleeding. No need to go full-on; just make sure you've colored and shaped your puckers. I'm using Fanny Serrano Lip Pencil in 03. Forgot to do this when I began sporting the shade, and I found the color gunk transfering to outside my lips, seeping through the lines, and feathering!
- Check once in a while. The color will fade into a stain or you can reapply. Either way, make sure you have a mirror handy.
|NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Addis Ababa|
(this under lipsticks will mattify the shade)
|Revlon Colorburst in Fuchsia |
(gorgeous! almost a dupe of NARS Funny Face)
|MAC Amplified Pro Creme lipstick in Full Fuchsia|
(more magenta than NARS FF)
|#6 is the one that started it all: NARS Funny Face|
(almost red, but balanced by blue and magenta tones)
Even if I have these lippies already, I seriously, seriously still want to get my hands on NARS Schiap and MAC Girl About Town.
Anyway, here's to hoping we can all pull off the shade! :)
To end this post, I'll leave you with a totally unrelated picture of a really hot guy:
|Ernest Hemingway at 19 years old.|
Ooh la la. A lit genius with a face like this?
Have a great day to everyone!