Monday, September 06, 2010

Look: Peach Blush + Bright Pink Lips?

Hi everyone! 

I am not sure if I am the only one curious about this look, but I do see people (okay, artistas on TV) sporting the warm peach blush + bright, blue-toned cool pink lips and I am amazed at how well they go together. I mean, aren't they supposed to be clashing colors?


When I found Lorie Ann Uy's makeover @ The Makeup Den, I was convinced that, well, the combination can make you look delightfully young. Oh man, I guess there aren't really rules in makeup, huh? If it looks pretty, then sport it even if it's not as matchy-matchy as most people say! BTW, the blush used in this picture is MAC Blush in Mocha. Pretty warm flush, right?

Anyway, I've been trying to sport this look using NARS Enchanted Cream Blush + Benefit Georgia on my cheeks, with Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge in Pale Pink on my lips. I know the cheek products I have are too pale, but since they oxidize on me, I get a medium peach shade as a result. The lip color, on the other hand, is too pigmented and bright compared to the shade Lorie is sporting, but it works better on my full lips.

 Sometimes I feel I look really cute, sometimes I think I look sunburned with huge-ass pink lips... That's why I don't dare post a picture of me. Then again, peaches don't really flatter me (I am pink girl!) but I guess I am determined to make it work.

Anyway, are you also a fan of this look? Or am I the only one? Haha!

Oh well. Apologies for the lack of posts, things have been crazy lately. And PLDT-DSL is going haywire. But as usual, I leave you with...

Cheers!
Trace

11 comments:

  1. wow! peach and pink looks nice! :) i once wore bright pink lips (etude house lucidarling #3, milky pink i think) and i loved it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dianne.. Yeah, I thought that combination is reserved for Anne Curtis look-alikes only hahaha =) Totally wearable pala!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are not the only one!!:) i've been looking for a pink blue toned lippie since i saw anne's folded and hung billboard sporting a pink lippie!!:D any recommendations?:)

    btw, the look suits you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Niggi - That's not me, she's a featured makeover girl by Dens Congco (themakeupden.com)

    I like BB Pot Rouge in Pale Pink! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. madalas ko to nakikita sa Tv esp ABS stars.. i sometimes wear Orgasm + Bright pink lipstick, peachy-pink din kasi si O so pwede warm/cool lippies. though sa makeup school they taught us na if warm yung e/s and blush dapat warm din yung lipstick LOL pero now dami na talagang nabre-break na rules... basta as long as it looks good, i dont see any problem with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The combination works! I know what you mean about the "rules" Screw them! heheheh sometimes clashing colors do work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree, that combination does bring out the youth!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Khymm - Ditto! I'll post a FOTD nga, I tried this look and the colors go nicely together :)

    Nikki - Yey! A rebel approval from a MUA! =)

    Fish Fish - I hope you can try the look soon and let me know what you think :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. yup, agree. peachy pink lip + peachy blush = wonderful~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Kim! I'm sure the combination looks great on you! :)

    ReplyDelete