Friday, July 07, 2017

StudioMakeup Eye Brightening Illuminator in Silk

Hi dearies!

Just doing yet another one of my swatch posts. Haha!

I've always had eye bags. If you see some of my pictures when I was young (like toddler young), you'd see those bags under my eyes. The good thing is that they aren't that dark. But it does make a lot of difference when I put concealer or illuminator on my under eyes. It lessens the size of the bags and at the same time, it makes me look more awake and my eyes brighter.

I'm currently using this product...

StudioMakeup Eye Brightening Illuminator in Silk
Got this from Beauty Bar. It normally sells for PhP 925.00. But I remember that I got it on sale.


Product info from the packaging:

Further info from the website:

The Eye Brightening Illuminator when applied to the right spots, can make all the difference. Enriched with diamond powder copolymer, it illuminates dull areas to bring youth and freshness to the skin. With its easy-to-use brush tip applicator, it is quick and easy to touch up makeup at anytime of the day.
APPLICATION TIP
After applying Perfecting Finish Foundation, twist the end cap of the pen until product starts to flow and apply a little bit of illuminator on shadowy or dull areas of the face. Think under eye circles, chin groove (the fold where the chin meets the lower lip), cupid’s bow, down the nose, etc. Blend the product so no lines are visible to create a natural and radiant finish. Do not hesitate to touch up your makeup during the day with a small application of illuminator, for an instantly brighter look.

Ingredients: Water/Aqua, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Dimethicone, Isocetyl Stearate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane,  Glycerin, Lauryl PEG/PPG-18/18 Methicone, Stearyl Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Dimethicone/PEG10-15 Crosspolymer, Silica, Polymethylsilsesquioxane/benzimidazole/diamond copolymer,  Phenoxyethanol, Hexyl Laurate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone,  Isododecane, Sodium Chloride, Alumina, Trihydroxystearin, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Lauroyl Lysine, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Quaternium-90 Bentonite, Sorbic Acid, Boron Nitride, Tocopheryl Acetate, Trisodium EDTA, Propylene Carbonate, Tin Oxide.   May Contain [+/-]: Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77492 / CI 77491 / CI 77499.


I like the simple and sleek packaging. It actually reminds me of a UniPin drawing pen. :P This is a twist up brush pen. 


It has a synthetic brush and you twist the bottom to get the product out.


The bristles are soft and smooth that makes applying pretty easy. The amount dipensed when you twist it up is also easy to control.

Here's how it looks like.

When blended, it becomes matte and it provides light to medium coverage.

Here's how my under eye looks like bare.

I usually wear this around my under eye but for this post, I spread it up to my cheeks. I only apply this much when I want to look more glam and made up.

When blended it makes my eye look more bright and awake. It covered the dark areas pretty well and it looks very natural. I also use this to enhance the brow bone so that my brows look better. The shade is pretty close to my skin so I can't treat this as something that "illuminates" my skin.

It's a pretty good product, but I find it expensive. I just got it on sale that's why I bought it, but I think I can get under eye concealers that have the same effect that costs less.

And that's all I can say about the StudioMakeup Eye Brightening Illuminator in Silk. Thoughts?


Cheers,
DAWN

No comments:

Post a Comment