Sunday, September 4, 2011

Germany, Nivea and Schwarzkopf


Hello everyone! Yes, I still exist.

It's been a month since the summer academy I attended in Germany ended, and here are a couple of happy pictures (unfortunately, of myself --- too shy to ask if my classmates would allow their faces to be featured on a beauty blog haha):

Revlon Fuchsia lipstick all the way!
A guy classmate thinks I'm cute *only* when I wear red lipstick.
Yes that's a bag from Cole Vintage. Got praises from classmates from Macedonia, Ukraine and India!

Inside one of the churches.

Strolling around the baroque city of Eichstaett!

Construction - what a view!
With my best friend, who looks like a Japanese businessman.

At Nuremberg.

Now the loot:



I wasn't able to grab a lot of beauty goodies - because my studies were unbelievably hectic and we did a lot of traveling (and not shopping) - but I made sure I stocked up on two things from a land so far, far away:

1. Nivea (German version)
  • There's a little debate going on in Makeupalley about which Nivea is best - there are three variants manufactured in Thailand, Mexico, and Germany; I'm guessing the formula is modified depending on the climate/weather of the market. 
  • The German version is the original and apparently, it has the most fans in terms of effectivity and moisturizing power! Anyway, I can't really tell (because the one I received from Nivea Philippines works for me well too), but I bought four cans and 2 minis. These will last me for years and years! 
  • And I do love Nivea creme with a passion. It moisturizes hands and feet extremely well, like no other --- I had to teach my other Filipino classmates how to put some on their cheeks and hands because their skin was peeling due to the cold weather in Bavaria! 
  • Aside from that, it also heals chapped lips, calms frizzy hair, and, lo and behold, it also makes insect bites disappear! I always bring a tin in my bag =)

2. Schwarzkopf D-I-Y Haircolor
  • Black for my mom.
  • Browns for my sister (which she will review).
  • Blonde colors for me (to "lift" my black hair --- not sure if I will push through though, because I might get my hair colored at Azta Urban Salon instead of experimenting)


Cheers!
Trace

3 comments:

  1. German Nivea, I'd die now... :) I'm using the one manufactured in Thailand and I'd do anything to get my hands on the more liquefied formulation of this moisturizer.

    You're so lucky to score lots :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I'll let you know if I decide to sell off a tin. Looks like I bought too much, eek (when I don't use the creme naman all over, specific areas lang). Cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. is there a difference with the Thailand made creme and the German one? Because there doesn't seem to be much difference. But the Mexico made one really if different.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...