Wednesday, June 01, 2022

It's Been Almost Three Years, and I'm Back

Hey beauties!

Guess who's back??? ME!


It's been a long time since the last I posted anything on this blog. If you're reading this and was a reader of my blog from years ago, I'm impressed that you're still here. I'm even surprising myself that I have the energy and will to put this blog back to life. 

So what made me write again? Well, my love for makeup and skincare never really left and I still check my blog's email everyday and I still get emails from readers once in a while and even from brands or other services that wanted to collaborate. I'm amazed that even after years of inactivity, there are still a few people out there that noticed our efforts in this blog. We made the blog not for money, but to share our experiences with beauty products and services. Sure it gave us perks like free haircuts and press kits but just sharing our reviews are the main goal. And after almost three years of not doing that, I kinda miss it. So I'll just write again whenever I have time and share any beauty finds I encounter. Probably not as often tho, but there will be posts!


But what was I doing during that long break? Why did I leave the blogging world to begin with?

So last 2019, I was diagnosed with Persistent Depressive Disorder. I've probably been depressed much longer but I only had the courage to seek professional help during that time. It was when I found comfort at the thought of death that I got worried that it's not normal thinking anymore and told my brother and sister about it. My siblings were very supportive about me getting help. My bro, who is a doctor, recommended me to a psychiatrist and even came with me during my first check up. My sister helped me financially since my medication and therapy were taking a lot of my salary. I was in a very bad place in my life and had to give myself time to heal. I had to let go of some of the things that cause me stress and back then, me being unproductive in the blog made me stressed so I had to stop it.

The time away certainly helped. I was still working and coping with the pandemic well. I was ready to come back a year after, but then my angel—my dog Aqui passed away. 


He was one of the reasons I sought help and why I believe I am still alive today. He was always there for me and love me unconditionally. So the loss of him was a big deal and I just couldn't go back to blogging yet.

The next few months, another big chapter of my life happened. I decided to move out of my parent's house. The house hunt, trying to get bank loans, and the move itself took a lot of my time. I also had to adjust with the new set up of my life.

But i also had a wonderful fur babies around me. I love pets and even though I lost Aqui, I still had Bono with me.


AND I HAVE CATS NOW!

It started with just Louis...


and I just thought he needed a companion and so a year after, I adopted Momo...


AND I didn't know that cats get pregnant as young as 3 months so Mo got preggy and gave birth to 5 kittens. I couldn't resist and kept two of them—


Vivi and Riri!

So now I have my own place filled with cats and a small doggo! Oh! And I live with Liz btw... the Peachy Pink Sisters are now housemates! Lol But the blog will most likely be ran by myself. :P

So yeah, that was a quick rundown of my life while I was away from the blog. I think I'm ready to get back here and share the things I love!


Cheers,

DAWN



No comments:

Post a Comment