Thursday, March 14, 2019

Review : Althea Spotlight Eye Glitter

Hello dolls!

I've mentioned several times in older posts that I like glitter so when Althea released their makeup line that included these, I got so excited and squealed like I was seven years-old again who just received a Barbie doll...

Althea Spotlight Eye Glitter

This was sent to me by the brand because I'm an Althea Angel. It came with the other exclusive makeup as well for me to review. You can view my initial thoughts and makeup looks I made on THIS post.


It comes in two shades—Pink Light and Gold Light. These costs PhP 300.00 each.


Let's get to know the product from the description available from the Althea website:

Have all eyes on you with Althea's Spotlight Eye Glitter! This sparkly number doubles up as both an eyeshadow and a liner to light up the eyes for some perky, glamorous peepers. Whether you like a subtle glow or a full-on glitter look, these have a hydrating formula that glides on like butter over the lids, allowing for an easy blend. Don't wait too long though, as they do set down, making them virtually budge-proof after. Pick from two pretty shades to suit your look! 

Ingredients:
#01 GOLD LIGHT: Water, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Butylene Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Titanium Dioxide, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Squalane, Polysorbate 60, Tin Oxide, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sorbitan Isostearate
#02 PINK LIGHT: Water, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Butylene Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Titanium Dioxide, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Squalane, Mica, Polysorbate 60, Tin Oxide, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sorbitan Isostearate, Iron Oxides(Ci 77491), Carmine 


I like the two shades because both are wearable and flexible in a way that you can alter or blend the color with a different eyeshadow shade. You can pour your creativity to create different looks with these shades. That being said, I still would love it if they release more shades because glittery things are LOVE!


It comes with a slim brush applicator. The width helps create precise lines if you would like to use this as an eyeliner.


These are the swatches. The left one is Gold Light and the right one is Pink Light.


The glitters are fine andI like that Gold Light has silver and gold and Pink Light has gold and purple. I like the pale gold of Gold Light too. They both look gorgeous! I couldn't decide which I like more.

I tried smudging it with one hard swipe and it didn't move.

And then I wiped it back and forth with my hand and it didn't smudge nor fade.

I reapplied again and this is what it looks if you apply it thinly like an eyeliner.

And if you blend it as an eyeshadow, here's how it looks.


And they really are long-lasting. It can last the whole day, specially with a good eyeshadow primer.

The next photos are examples of how I wear it:

Gold Light as an eyeliner (on top of my black eyeliner)

Pink Light as an eyeshadow (I placed it on top of my eyeshadow and spread it under the folds of my eyelids)

Mildly blended on the lower eye lids

I'm pretty sure you can create more creative looks with these eyeliners and I really do like these. They don't take too long to dry so you don't have to wait too long before opening your eyes.  You can easily create bold, glittery lines as well as soft shimmers when you blend it.

To summarize:

What I LIKE:
- Can be used as eyeliner or eyeshadow
- Bold and glittery
- Can blend to create softer shimmers and color
- Affordable
- Long-wearing
- Easy to blend
- Slim brush for a precise line
- Beautiful shades
- Dries faster than other glittery liners I've tried

What I am NEUTRAL about:
- Only 2 shades. I am satisfied with the available shades but it wouldn't hurt to add more. Haha!

What I DON'T LIKE:
- None so far


Would I buy this if I run out of it? DEFINITELY.

And that's my review! I hope you find this useful. Let me know what you think about the Althea Spotlight Eye Glitter on the comments below!


Cheers,
DAWN

No comments:

Post a Comment