Monday, February 18, 2019

Romantic Makeup Looks for the Love Month Using the First Ever Althea Exclusive Makeup

Hello loves!

Valentine's Day might be over but the love month is still on-going! Create romantic makeup looks every day for the rest of the love month. Heck, even after February! Let's all be lovely and blooming throughout the year!

In this post, I'll share with you three makeup looks that I've sported in the past few days. I used newly-released products that I'm really excited to share with all of you.

I'm pretty sure that by now, you guys know about Althea Korea, an online shop where you can get various K-Beauty products. And I've been an Althea Angel for a few months now, meaning I get to try exclusive products early and share with you guys the exciting news that Althea Korea has to offer.

Since the brand started creating exclusive products, most of them were in skincare which is very understandable. Korean beauty is known for it's flawless skin and the ten-step Korean skincare routine. Now, the artist in me who loves colors is just so excited because Althea Korea released their own makeup products!



They didn't come up of just one product, they made five awesome products in various shades and I'll be using them in all the looks that I'll share with you in these posts.


The highlight of this post is mostly the makeup looks I've created, but I'll share with you individual reviews for each item soon. :)

SO LET'S GET STARTED WITH THE MAKEUP! Woooot!


First off is my bare face (left photo). That's my face before applying anything. I have oily and acne-prone skin. I try to control excess sebum production and prevent breakouts with a good skincare routine. I did this routine for all the makeup application I do.

After that, I use a foundation and blend it thoroughly (see photo on above, right side). I didn't build the coverage because I'll be using a concealer...

Althea Flawless Creamy Concealer

This is one of the new products by Althea and it promises a pigmented and buildable formula that can last throughout the day! 


My dark circles aren't too dark, but I still need some concealing to make my face look refreshed.

Here I used the second lightest shade, 02 Ginger. I apply it under my bags up to the sides of my nose and just blend it.


It feels lightweight even though it gives really good coverage! It's just one of the things that make me love it!


As for acne scars, I used the 3rd from the lightest shade, 03 Honey. I just tap the wand with product on the scars that need to be covered and leave it on for a few seconds before I blend it. It covers most of my skin problems—redness, uneven skin tone, and most acne scars—instantly.

I then set my makeup with a transparent setting powder. I also used the Althea Exclusive Petal Velvet Powder for these looks.

Next is the part that varies every look because I use various combinations of shades of the palette to create different looks.

Eye Palette Sunrise and Moonrise BCL x Althea Palette

Eyeshadow is my favorite makeup of all because this is the part that I can pour most of my creativity in. I think this is easily my favorite product from the newly released selection from Althea Korea.

Wondering what BCL stands for? Here's a short snippet from the website:

Bunga Citra Lestari is an Indonesian singer and actress that have graced the screens of many across South East Asia. Affectionately known to her fans as BCL, she’s also a beauty and fashion icon that exudes style, beauty and femininity. 


I just love the shades included in this palette because it is a combination of neutrals, pinks, and glitter! AHHHH! I'm in-love with this palette! 


I also love the red and wine shades. See the swatches above. Use the numbering system on the back of the palette for reference. The arrangement of the swatches is 1 to 8 respectively.

For the first look, my inspiration is the SUNRISE.

I used the lighter shades for base–a combination of #1 and #3.

I added depth by adding #6 at the outer corners and blend the colors together.

I add a sharp black eyeliner.

I added a combination of #4 and #5 at the lower lash part.

I then added another new Althea Exclusive product—the Althea Spotlight Eye Glitter.
These are budge-proof glitter makeup that can double as an eyeliner and eyeshadow. THIS IS AN AMAZING PRODUCT. I love glitters and eyeshadows and I LOVE GLITTERY EYESHADOWS! These are the BOMB! Haha! I'm so hyped up about these, as you can see. Haha!

It's available in two shades—01 Gold Light and 02 Pink Light. Theya re so pretty!!

For this look, I used 01 Gold Light and used it as an eyeliner.

I also added it on the inner corners of the lower lids.

The last, but definitely not the least in the new makeup collection of Althea Korea is the Althea Watercolor Cream Tints.

01 Plum Cream, 02 Strawberry Cream, 03 Peach Cream, 04 Marron Cream

These are creamy liquid lipsticks that actually leave a tint so it really is long-lasting! What's awesome about these is that it doesn't feel drying at all and they smell and taste good too! Haha! They are all highly pigmented but most of them tend to lean on the warm and redder tones. I do hope they release more shades!

For this look I used 03 Peach Cream

And then I added some contour, blush, and highlight to complete the look.

The overall look is warm and glowing. It's a great everyday look that you can use even for work! I particularly like the pop of gold from the Spotlight Eye Glitter.

Now, for the second look, my inspiration is the SUNSET.

I used the cooler tones from the eye palette here. I used a combination of #3, #7, and #8.

I just love winged liners so I added one again.

I added #8 at the lower lash line. I just like that shade because it reminds me of wine.

And then I applied the Spotlight Eye Glitter in 02 Pink Light as an eyeshadow! I applied it below the crease.

And also added on the inner corner of the lower lids but thinner this time and less bold compared to the other look. I want it to look more like an eyeshadow than eyeliner so I blended it a bit.

This look is the most romantic of all because of the eyeshadow but I added a sexy bold red lipstick using the Watercolor Cream Tint in 02 Strawberry Cream.

I am loving the red makeup lately and this is why I am loving the collection. This look I created can be a bit too much for the office (but I still wore it anyway), but it's great if you're going for a sultry, sexy vibe!

The final look I'll share is a more sparkly and light look. It's a combination of both looks but lighter and shimmery because I'm inspired by the shiny, shimmery, magical warmth that love can make you feel. Kilig is what we Filipinos call it and it can really make someone's day extra special.

The eyeshadow is mostly #3 and #4, the two shimmery shades in the palette.

I use #5 and #6 to add depth to the look. Of course I added a winged eyeliner! :)

I only added the Spotlight Eye Glitter on the lower lids so that it will not overshadow the warm glitters on my upper lids.

I used the Watercolor Cream Tint in 04 Marron for this look.


I think this is my favorite look of all as my eyes sparkle the most with this makeup. 




And those are three looks I created using the new Althea Exclusive makeup! I'm pretty sure I'll be able to create more looks using them. It's awesome to play around with colors which makes makeup application so exciting to do. If you want to recreate this look, tag me on my social media as I also want to see how yours turn out. :)

I'll write my full review complete with swatches of all these products released by Althea Korea. I hope you stay tuned for that. But if you can't wait for the reviews and want to get them soon for yourself, then I definitely agree that you get them. I promise you won't regret it. I also think there's an early bird promo that you can avail. That's just more reasons to go to their website and check these new babies out.

Cheers,
DAWN


No comments:

Post a Comment