Monday, December 31, 2018

Review : Milk Peel Cream Mask

Hello dearies!

It's the last day of 2018 and since I didn't plan anything for today, I want to keep my last few hours of the year as productive as possible and I figured, why not write a review? 

This one is actually overdue, but to be fair, I usually take a longer time to write skincare reviews since it takes a while to see any difference on the skin compared to just wearing makeup.

This product that I'll be share with you is one of Althea's exclusive products. I have reviewed some of their releases and I've been enjoying every product so far, specially the Petal Velvet Sunaway. This newer item is another skincare product that would works well with my oily skin type...

Milk Peel Cream Mask



 I received this product on the second week of November and I use it twice to thrice a week. Though it says it's a mask, it's not the traditional mask that you wear for long minutes. I guess peeling gals and masks aren't really new but this one has an opaque and thick version that resembles clay masks. So it's sorta not new but still kinda different from the rest...? Anyway, let's proceed to the review...


Here are things to know about the product from the press release:

- Its active ingredients are AHA & BHA which help to peel off dead skin cells for smoother skin.
- It contains Casein Protein (milk) to provide moisture and help the skin to stay moisturised all day.
- It has a soft clay-like texture that bubbles up when massaged on damp skin to deeply cleanse the pores.
- It is also cruelty-free!

How to use it?
- Apply the product on damp skin and massage it gently until it becomes bubbly.
- Let it rest on your skin for 30-60 seconds before rinsing it off with warm water. 

For more info, you can visit the Althea website. The 50ml bottle costs PhP 490.00.


The packaging is very simple. It's a really smart idea to keep it simple because I always find milk simple and basic—it's white and something that most of us have tasted and even have in our own fridge. Milk has so many uses like it's a basic component in many kinds of food and even in various skincare. I hope you get what I mean when I say I appreciate the simplicity of the design. I really can't explain it better. Haha! 

It's a pump bottle, which makes it easy to use. It's of plastic material and lightweight and non-bulky so it doesn't consume too much space in your skincare collection, plus it is easy to carry around if you want to bring it when you travel.


INGREDIENTS:
Water (Aqua), Kaolin, Glycerin, Disiloxane, Bentonite, Propanediol, Myristic Acid, Methyl Perfluoroisobutyl Ether, Stearicacid, Methyl Perfluorobutyl Ether, Potassium Hydroxide, 1,2-Hexanediol, Palmitic Acid , Ethylhexylglycerin, Milk Proteinextract, Disodium Edta, Gaultheria Procumbens (Wintergreen) Leaf Extract, Gluconolactone, Glycolic Acid, Titaniumdioxide (Ci 77891), Fragrance (Parfum), Coumarin*, Hexyl Cinnamal*, Citronellol* 


So this is what a pump of product looks like.


It's opaque with a mild powder-like scent.

It's thick and creamy, but easy enough to spread on damp skin. When you add water, it lathers with tiny bubbles and looks thicker, which can be surprising and even entertaining when you use it. It's one of the reason why I enjoy using it. Haha!

Basically, it promises to peel off dead skin cells using BHA and AHA, while keeping skin moisturized with the help of milk properties. So does it do the job? I quick yes. When I use it, my skin feels smoother but my skin doesn't feel dry. However, take note that I have oily skin so I rarely feel that my skin is dry. 

I do believe it helps in getting rid of dead skin cells because of how soft and smooth my skin feels after I use, but the difference is not as evident as when I use other peeling gels I've used before which leads me to the idea that this is much gentler. That being said, it can claim that it is ideal for every skin type.

So personally, it serves its purpose and I enjoy using it. I didn't encounter any irritations nor breakouts. I think it's another great addition to Althea's collection of exclusive products.

Have you tried the Milk Peel Cream Mask yet? What was your experience?


Cheers,
DAWN


No comments:

Post a Comment