Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Chica y Chico One Shot Eye Palette in Wine Burgundy

Hi dearies!

I think it's no secret that I like the color peach and I tend to pick shades that are near the warm pinks or rose gold whenever I look at eyeshadow palettes. But pair it with glittery golds and beautiful wine red shades, then you have a palette that I would reach for EVERYDAY. This is something different for me since I like trying different looks everyday. I rarely use the same product for consecutive days, except if I'm out traveling and I only brought a few products with me.

But this product that I'll share today just made me do what was unusual for me and I literally used it everyday for a week since I got them and it's still a favorite of mine for more than a month now...

Chica y Chico One Shot Eye Palette in Wine Burgundy



I bought this for PhP 580.00 at Althea.
Original price is at PhP 610.00. I don't remember if it was on sale or if I had a discount code as to why I got it cheaper by a few pesos.

Let's get to know the product from the description:


Info from the Althea website:


It's available in five other shades but what made me pick Wine Burgundy are the red and deep violet shades that came with it.


The packaging is pretty simple but I like that you can see the shades easily because the top is transparent. I like that it's non-bulky so it's easy to bring when traveling.


The shades are wearable as majority of it are neutrals and what I like about it is that the glittery gold shade can instantly turn your look into a sparkly one. You see, it's not a solid metallic gold but it just a soft gold and it also spreads some gold glitters on your lids when applied. See the swatches below to see what I mean:


I was surprised that it's this pigmented. I rarely see a Korean eyeshadow palette that has strong pigments. Although this isn't as strong in pigmentation as the palettes that I love from Lorac or Urban Decay, it still achieves the level of color that I like.

Another thing I noticed is that it's non-chalky which I appreciate so much. You do have to swirl your makeup brush to gather more of the pigments, but you can do this without being messy!

The color selection is gorgeous. You can mix and match them altogether and create different looks. One shade works well with another since they are very close together and are all on the warm side. They are also easy to blend as well so you don't have to worry that you'd create harsh angles or uneven distribution of pigment. The shades don't shock you when you apply but if you want it bolder, you can build it up til you get the more solid color that you see on the palette.

With the right primer, it can hold on my eyelids for the whole day without creasing or fading. I also haven't encountered any irritation with this product.

Overall, I love this palette. It's affordable and I love the shades that comes with it. You can play it safe with the plain neutrals, or add some shock value with the red, violet, and gold. If you like wine colors (and wine in general haha!), then you might want to check this out.


Cheers,
DAWN


No comments:

Post a Comment