Friday, September 28, 2018

The Balm Stainiac in Beauty Queen

Hi lovelies!

I'm not a fan of tints but since my sister gave me this, I might as well share swatches for you guys. I'm pretty sure many who are interested in makeup, specially those who just started getting to know this world of pretty things, love/want to use lips stains because it gives a natural finish and usually lasts long on skin. Some brands have claimed that their tints are the bestsellers in the country so I'm pretty sure than some of you might be interested to see this one...

The Balm Stainiac in Beauty Queen




The shade I haveis Beauty Queen. It's a very wearable shade and would suit many skin tones. You can see what I mean on the swatches later on this post.


Info from the website:

Avoid unsightly streaks with Stainiac. Our two-in-one lip and cheek stain gives a natural, light flush to complement any skin tone. Just dab a touch on your cheeks or lips for a kiss of color or use the applicator to layer for a deeper shade. And since Stainiac features an aloe-infused formula, the stain won’t set too soon.

INGREDIENTS: WATER ((AQUA) EAU), GLYCERIN, TRIETHANOLAMINE, ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, SODIUM HYALURONATE, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, CAMELLIA OLEIFERA LEAF EXTRACT, RED 33 (CI 17200).


The stain costs PhP 740.00.

What I noticed with Stainiac is that it's sheerer than many of the tint's I've used. I think this is what makes it very friendly to those who just started using makeup because going little by little until you achieve the right amount or shade is better than making a mistake by putting too much on, specially since tints are quite hard to remove once it sets.


Another thing that makes it easy to use is it has a doe foot applicator. I rather have tints with applicator than those that are cased in tubes. You get to control the amount of product you apply and dispensing is easy because you just have to dip the applicator back in the tube.

The tube is also transparent so it is easier to see the shade you're getting, It's non-bulky so it's easy to carry in the bag.

Close up of the applicator

Swatch on arm

When blended and after it sets

It is sheer but buildable so you can just add more if you want a stronger color. Blending is easy and it does not dry too soon so you have time to blend the product well.


Here's how it looks as a blush.
I don't use strong blush so I usually settle with a subtle one just like what you see on the photo above.

Here's how it looks on the lips.

What I noticed is that it tends to seep on the lines of the lips and if you don't exfoliate your lips and properly hydrate them, it looks very uneven. It exposes the dryness of your lips so make sure you take care of your lips before using this.


But it does look nice. It gives a refreshed finish and I think may pinoys would look great in this shade. Unfortunately, my oily skin can cause this to fade faster but those with normal to dry skin will have no problems with the staying power, specially when used as a blush.

And that's all I can say about The Balm's Stainiac in Beauty Queen.
Have you tried this product yet?



Cheers,
DAWN

No comments:

Post a Comment