Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Features and Shades Filipiñana Lipstick in Maria Clara

Hello dearies!

I'm yet another victim of buying something because of awesome packaging. But I don't have any regrets! Not only is the design super cool, the color of this product suits my skin very well...

Features and Shades Filipiñana Lipstick in Maria Clara



I've been seeing posts about this lippie during the start of June and I was actually impressed by how great it looks!



Features and Shades is one a local brand that produces good quality products and they have a signature look (the design is usually simple in black and the initials FS) that makes the products from the line look cohesive. 


But they suddenly released this product that's just so eye-catching to me. I love the Filipiñana concept. It just gives that special feeling of being personal with your makeup because it depicts my culture and history. I think it's timely especially since the local beauty scene is getting more recognized because of the great improvement in quality and marketing by different local brands, including Features and Shades.



 I also think that being patriotic should be something Filipinos should instill in themselves and maybe supporting local is one simple way of doing that (and having a beautiful design like this as a reminder too).

So while I was in the counter, I was swatching the lipsticks because I was really interested. I didn't plan to buy any lipsticks because I already have so many in my stash, but I just love the design that I couldn't help myself. I was torn between three shades but I ultimately chose Maria Clara. I do like the shade but what won me over is the name because I live near Maria Clara Street in Manila! Haha!

Anyway, let's get to know the product first by checking the packaging details:


This is the text from the packaging. You can also see this on the brand's website:


Take the center stage with FS Features & Shades Filipiñana Lipstick with shades inspired and named after iconic Filipina personalities and characters known for their unique charm and beauty. 
The Filipiñana Lipstick has a matte finish, making it an all-day wear lipstick. Used alone or to complete a full face of makeup, this lipstick infuses the lips with color that speak of vitality, strength and beauty. Comes in an elegant, glossy red, magnetic packaging with a timeless Filipina-inspired emblem. Perfect for the modern Filipina on-the-go.

The lipstick collection is available in eight shades. They are named after the women from Philippine literature and history like superhero Darna, mermaid Dyesebel, and national hero Gabriela (Silang).

As I mentioned, the shade I bought was Maria Clara (a character from Jose Rizal's Noli Me Tangere and El Filibusterismo). The design could easily be inspired from her too (besides the fact that our national costume for women is the Baro't Saya), you know, 'cause of the clothes. The characters that the other shades are named from have different looks and would probably not wear an outfit like this anyway.


The metallic cap doesn't easily get removed because it is sealed with a magnetic clasp that keeps the cap and tube together. I was so impressed with this one because for a PhP 299.00 lipstick (plus the awesome design and a 4gram amount) that's an awesome feature. 


The shade Maria Clara is a beautiful peachy pink shade [and you know how much I love this shade (please see title of this blog)].

I knew when I saw the bullet that this color will surely look good with my skin tone as it has the warmth that I look for in a lipstick.


Below is the swatch on my arm:


The product is very pigmented and it's creamy and non-greasy, but it can feel a bit thick. It has a very mild chemical scent though but it's hardly noticeable.



On the lips it just looks so good. It's not matte but gives that much pigments. 
It can last a long while except when you eat something greasy or with soup.


Here's me wearing it.

I just love the color and I love the finish! Overall, I really like this product. I'm a big fan of the design and I highly recommend it! 

So what are your thoughts on the Features and Shades Filipiñana Lipstick in Maria Clara? What do you think of their design? How about this particular shade? I'd love to know what you think. :)


Cheers,
DAWN


1 comment:

  1. The packaging looks super pretty and the shade brightens up your lovely complexion. I love the finishing too as it's not too matte as some matte lipstick can make my lips look flat. Nice review!

    www.myrabeatydiary.com

    ReplyDelete