Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Dove: Refresh+Care Dry Shampoo (Volume)

Good evening ladies,

Dawn and I recently recolored my hair purple. As you know, one of the many struggles I have whenever I get it recolored is to keep it purple for as long as possible.


As many of you might know, one of the trick in making this particular hair color last is to minimize or lessen hair washing. However, this is a big problem if your tend to get oily quick. Good thing there are such things as dry shampoos. Today, I am sharing the one I am currently using.


Dove's Refresh + Care Dry Shampoo has been a recent addition to my hair care products. I bought this a few months ago from BeautyMNL.com for Php 299. It's one of the cheapest dry shampoos available in the market but is also one of the most highly ranked.


For the newbies, this product has a very straight forward instructions for use.




This dry shampoo does a really good job of taking out the greasy feeling after a day of not taking a bath. I have been using this dry shampoo for the past weeks and even in our very hot weather, my hair stays grease-free and does not smell like sweat. The scent is also mild and almost baby powder like.


My cousin had previously warned me that some dry shampoos tend to sit on your scalp like dandruff, but it was not like that with this. The particles of the shampoo are so fine that it's easy to massage throughout the scalp and does not clump up to form dandruff-like flakes.

It is also adds a little volume to the hair so that weighed down look of an unwashed hair is taken care of as well.

However, it does tend to make your hair look wig-like after 2 days of straight use. I also would not recommend that you let anyone touch your hair after 2 days of straight use as the hair's texture starts to feel rough and almost tumble-weed like.

Good news though, it's safe for colored hair, when using it, the color is not carried away by the product. I have not seen any discoloration after each use. This has helped me keep my hair washes to a minimum of 2x/week.

This is just one of the many dry shampoos out there. I might just start going through a bunch of them soon since they are so convenient. Let us know if there are any which you'd like me to try and review!

Cheers,
LIZ

No comments:

Post a Comment