Monday, March 07, 2016

Jane Iredale Liquid Minerals Foundation in Golden Glow

Hey dears!

One of the things my sister gave me when she visited the Philippines (she's currently residing in AU) is this Jane Iredale Foundation.

Jane Iredale Liquid Minerals Foundation

The shade is Golden Glow.
This is priced $50.00 on their website.


My sister sent me quite a number of foundations. She wanted me to try out more, especially those that are above my budget so I can compare the quality of the products and if I like any of them, I can save up and buy it for myself.


I consider Jane Iredale sort of high end because of the price. This is actually my first product from the brand and I'm not very familiar with it besides it being a mineral makeup brand. So let's get to know more about this from the website:

the look moist and light 

the feel like a second skin
Hydrate your skin with this light-reflecting formula for sheer to medium coverage. Find your perfect foundation and shade with ourFoundation Finder Quiz.

  • A treatment serum with pigment that provides sheer to medium coverage, plumps and hydrates, helps to calm inflammation, diminishes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, minimizes pores, evens out skin tone and adheres so well, there is minimal transference.
  • Liquid Minerals has no rated SPF.
  • The beads or spheres visible in the airless pump are actually liposomes encapsulating liposomes.
  • State-of-the-art technology prevents active ingredients from degrading and allows actives to time release into the skin.
key ingredients:
Hyaluronic Acid
  • Attracts moisture – holds up to 1,000 times its weight in water.
Vitamin C
  • Helps to reverse UV damage.
  • Suppresses melanin formation.
  • Protects.
Coenzyme Q10
  • Helps to reverse the signs of aging.
  • Protects.
Ingredients:
Aqua/Water/Eau, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Glycerin, Algae, Sodium Hyaluronate, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Salix Nigra (Willow) Bark Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Oil, Camellia Sinensis (White Tea) Leaf Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Raphanus Sativus (Radish) Root Extract, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan) Extract, Hyaluronic Acid, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C), Squalane, Ubiquinone (Coenzyme Q10), Boron Nitride, Stearic Acid. [+/- (May Contain) Mica, Iron Oxides (Ci 77489, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288)]

Cruelty free:
jane iredale is certified cruelty-free by the Coalition for Consumer Information on Cosmetics’ (CCIC) Leaping Bunny Program, the leading internationally respected animal protection group for cruelty-free certification. Find out more on our cruelty-free page. 

jane iredale products are also certified cruelty-free by PETA. To find out more about what this means, please visit our page on their site

Has 13 shades available (warm, cool, neutral tones).


Everything about it sounds great but I'm a fan of foundations with coverage so seeing as it has a sheer one made me a bit... well, sad. I have some acne and pimple marks that need covering so I like it better if my foundation can help with that. It's quite a hassle to put concealer on every spot because I have a lot. But the pros are too awesome to not give this a try.

So here's a closeup of the foundation

When smudged

And when blended

The first thing I felt is how lightweight it is. It's like I didn't apply anything on my skin! I also have to comment about the very warm shade. It's great to know that the brand carries warm shades although Golden Glow is a shade or two darker than my natural color.

Here's my face without makeup

With the product

As you can see, it does have a very sheer coverage. It made my face a little darker and warmer which is still fine. The awesome part here is how it made my pores seem smaller! My skin tone looks even and has a semi-dewy finish. If I didn't have those pimple scars, my skin would have looked awesome with this product alone!

But since I do have those scars, I had to use concealer. See below how my face looks like with concealer and the rest of my makeup...



My brows need help there. LOL

This foundation is really, really good. It made my skin glow and I don't feel like I was wearing foundation! It's that good! Too bad that it doesn't have much coverage though, but with the right concealer, I'm sure I'll get to love it more and more. I'm just so happy with how pretty the finish is. My skin looks healthy and hydrated and I look poreless! Don't you think so too?

What are your thoughts on the Jane Iredale Liquid Minerals Foundation in Golden Glow?


Cheers,
DAWN



2 comments:

  1. Wow this has a pretty good coverage and the packaging is very unique.

    http://steph-g.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The coverage is pretty light for me. I already used concealer on the photos with full makeup. :)

      Delete